Samsung S6 switched on in factory mode - blue/green screen

GBSIV

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My S6 phone randomly kept switching to dock mode and back. Tried hard shut down and restarting the phone. Now I have a blue/green screen saying it is downloading and do not turn off target. The top left corner says it is in factory mode. What can I do to resolve this? I am very new to Android phones, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Try a master reset...

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’Press Power button to select.Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.Press Power button to select and start the master reset.When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.

Posted by Samsung Galaxy S6

Renee Kralic

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Mr Burton,This is great advice but what do I do when I ended up "factory reset" but as I go through screens to set up my screen goes black and continues to "restart"...