Phone had abnormal factory reset / now - processing failed when logging in. Can I get some help?

flattshack

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Ph had abnormal factory reset / now - processing failed when logging in. Help!

My phone has worked beautifully since purchasing it in April 2015. Today it was in my pocket and when I pulled it out, it had somehow done an "abnormal factory reset". I tried logging in as it told me to, using my Samsung account that was previously used on this phone. I did that. I know the password was correct. When I use my email address and the correct password it gives me a little gray circle at the bottom that says "Processing Failed". I have turned it on, I have turned it off. I have held the volume, home and power buttons and rebooted, I have logged into my Samsung account via my laptop and reset my password, I have deleted my account and set up a new one. I have done every thing I can think of. Everything leads me back to the setup screen and asking for my login credentials, then telling me "processing failed" I have been doing this over and over for 6 hours. (I called Samsung around 4pm and was on hold for 27.5 minutes. I hung up. I couldn't take the horrible elevator music anymore and my patience had worn thin.) I am at my wits end. Any one else have this problem or a resolution that doesn't send me in circles? Oh, and if you reply, please use laments (elementary) terms, as I am not a computer/software guru. thanks!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ph had abnormal factory reset / now - processing failed when logging in. Help!

Check out my thread All Things GS6 and find the "Reflash Via Odin" section. Follow the guide to Reflash factory firmware to your device.

flattshack

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I did. What I found out was that my phone reset itself because one of my settings was set to "reset phone after 5 failed login attempts". In addition to that I use the fingerprint login method. Because I was carrying my phone in my pocket at work, my leg was rubbing against the home button and the phone was trying to collect my fingerprint, hence the failed login attempts. Then Second, I found out that the "processing failed" message that I was receiving when trying to recover my phone was because I was using the wrong password and login credentials to my Samsung account. It turned out that I had TWO Samsung accounts and I was using the wrong one to try to log back into my phone. I had to use the one that I ORIGINALLY had at time of purchase. Once I got my phone back up and running, I turned off the feature to reset phone after failed login. I hope this helps you, as it was an easy fix after I figured out the problem.

Androidiano Alpha

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
My phone has worked beautifully since purchasing it in April 2015. Today it was in my pocket and when I pulled it out, it had somehow done an "abnormal factory reset". I tried logging in as it told me to, using my Samsung account that was previously used on this phone. I did that. I know the password was correct. When I use my email address and the correct password it gives me a little gray circle at the bottom that says "Processing Failed". I have turned it on, I have turned it off. I have held the volume, home and power buttons and rebooted, I have logged into my Samsung account via my laptop and reset my password, I have deleted my account and set up a new one. I have done every thing I can think of. Everything leads me back to the setup screen and asking for my login credentials, then telling me "processing failed" I have been doing this over and over for 6 hours. (I called Samsung around 4pm and was on hold for 27.5 minutes. I hung up. I couldn't take the horrible elevator music anymore and my patience had worn thin.) I am at my wits end. Any one else have this problem or a resolution that doesn't send me in circles? Oh, and if you reply, please use laments (elementary) terms, as I am not a computer/software guru. thanks!

I have solution...

(email address removed by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ph had abnormal factory reset / now - processing failed when logging in. Help!

Mod Note, please post your solution here, do not ask for someone to email you

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

The same goes for me - did you ever get this to work?

How?!?!?!?!

MutleyJ

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have verified my Samsung account login information and still I am getting the processing failed message. Has anyone got a solution?

lindsayladell

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I did. What I found out was that my phone reset itself because one of my settings was set to "reset phone after 5 failed login attempts". In addition to that I use the fingerprint login method. Because I was carrying my phone in my pocket at work, my leg was rubbing against the home button and the phone was trying to collect my fingerprint, hence the failed login attempts. Then Second, I found out that the "processing failed" message that I was receiving when trying to recover my phone was because I was using the wrong password and login credentials to my Samsung account. It turned out that I had TWO Samsung accounts and I was using the wrong one to try to log back into my phone. I had to use the one that I ORIGINALLY had at time of purchase. Once I got my phone back up and running, I turned off the feature to reset phone after failed login. I hope this helps you, as it was an easy fix after I figured out the problem.

Thank you so much! This helped for me :)

Frustrated53

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5neo was not operating properly, I was not receiving message notification even though everything was activated. I tried a factory reset and now it won't let me get pass the sign in with Google account. No warnings or anything it just keeps defaulting to this screen. All my info is correct. Can you help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5neo was not operating properly, I was not receiving message notification even though everything was activated. I tried a factory reset and now it won't let me get pass the sign in with Google account. No warnings or anything it just keeps defaulting to this screen. All my info is correct. Can you help?

It's asking for the Google account that was associated with the phone prior to the factory reset. If that's your account, then make sure you're entering the correct username and password. If you just changed your password, you may have to wait 72 hours before you can log back in.

There is information about Factory Reset Protection here:
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6172890?hl=en
Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central

bluedreamin602

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I know you posted this a while ago but I just had this issue today.

I just logged into account.samsung.com, went to the find my mobile and deactivated the activation lock from there. The phone still did not recognize the request so I went ahead and wiped it from the site. All is well now.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

iamrubenk

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my s6 edge. I have gone through resetting my samsung account password, completely deleting all of my Samsung accounts and then reopening a samsung account using the axact same username and passwordwhich i previously had then providing the same profile when prompted to sign in on my s6 edge, factory resetting my phone and repeating all steps. I have tried installing 'Realterm' application on my PC connecting my phone to the PC following specific YouTube instructions and no matter what or how many samsung frp bypass method videos that i watch i always end up with the same gray eliptical circle on the samsung account sign in page that says (Processing Failed). ive been in touch with samsung multiple times who said that i could send my phone in to them for repair but because i purchased it through verizon online there was no physical reciept. Samsung told me that the IMEI #, purchase date, and place of puchase were all required and that they all had to be on the same reciept. verizon informed me that they could not provide me with such a document. WOW The proof of payment, contract buyoff paperwork and a letter from verizon saying that the s6 edge was in fact my phone clear and free wasnt sufficient to clear samsungs security protocol. Ive always been able to Google or Youtube the correct solution though it seems I am at a stand still. If anyone can help in providing us with a solution to disable samsung re activation lock on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge It would be awesome. I paid $700.00 for this phone when it was first released and now i cant even sell it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty