Switched simcard on Galaxy S6 and now the phone is slow and unresponsive even after a hard reset. What can I do?

nomofiat

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
switched simcard on galaxy s6 and now the phone is slow and unresponsive even after hard reset

It's not a little slow but it takes like 5 seconds for a key press to be processed. sliding through screens same thing.
I have done a hard factory reset but it didn't help at all.
what else can I do?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: switched simcard on galaxy s6 and now the phone is slow and unresponsive even after hard reset

The only thing that has changed is the sim so everything points to it being faulty. Get it replaced and hopefully your device will return to normal

nomofiat

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: switched simcard on galaxy s6 and now the phone is slow and unresponsive even after hard reset

ok i will go and buy a new sim but both sims were working fine and now they are both giving me the same issue. i have switched between these sims on this device on numerous occasions without any issues.
Furthermore the phone is being just as slow if i use it without a sim card. you are right however, the only thing idid was switch the sim card and since then it is completely unusable

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Reading your post headline it appeared to me you inserted a new sim which created the problem. However if both sims and being sim free causes lag I would be inclined to pop into your local provider to get the phone looked at.

nomofiat

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

yeah that's a problem because i am stuck in thailand for 2 months and my provider is in holland.
can i just bring it in to a samsung service center in bangkok on warranty? the phone is 6 weeks old

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Hmm good question. I would email your provider and see what they suggest as they are key to confirming you have a warranty. Hope you can get it sorted

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If there's a Samsung service center nearby, bring it in and ask. They don't charge for answers. The worst that can happen is that you wasted time.