Recover data from broken S6?

A

AC Question

Recover data from broken S6

Hi all,

I was wondering can someone give me some advice. S6 got water damaged and is completely broke, I've took off the back cover and out the battery, is it possible to recover the data from the internal hard-drive?

Regards
Shane

eams1986

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Recover data from broken S6

it is something very complicated for users, that they do in stores where technicians repaired but I doubt that they do not want to charge for it.
trying everything possible
Luck

llrjason

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recover data from broken S6

It is certainly possible to recover the data, though not really in the way you are thinking. From a practical standpoint, data recovery for mobile devices is best achieved by simply getting it to work again. Removing internal storage from a phone or tablet in hopes of recovering data after is a) often not even possible, or b) prohibitively expensive, or c) prohibitively risky (for the storage itself), or d) just nearly impossible to find a person with that skill set. Your best bet from here since you have it open, is to remove the board first. Step two is to lightly brush off any areas where you can see corrosion starting to form with a toothbrush and 91% or higher isopropyl alcohol. Then soak the whole board (remove cameras and such first) in that same alcohol for a few minutes. Let it dry then re-assamble and try powering it on. Beyond that you would need to seek out a repair professional.