Screen rotation and auto-bright both stopped working

A

AC Question

I've been happily using my Galaxy S6 for 8 months. On the same day my screen rotation stopped working, and so did the auto-brightness adjustment. Both went from working fine, to working intermittently a few times, and rapidly proceeded to not working at all.

What's going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it happens in Safe Mode, I'd be concerned about a problem with either the firmware or hardware. Install an app like Sensor Box to test out the phone's orientation sensors--if they're not reading correctly, the sensors might be faulty, thereby causing the auto-rotate to fail. The auto-brightness failure could be related to the ambient light sensor--I don't know for sure, but maybe both of those sensors are near each other?

If it's a firmware issue, you could try reinstalling the firmware, either with Samsung Smart Switch, or manually via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

ksmith0034

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been happily using my Galaxy S6 for 8 months. On the same day my screen rotation stopped working, and so did the auto-brightness adjustment. Both went from working fine, to working intermittently a few times, and rapidly proceeded to not working at all.

What's going on?

Did you get this resolved? Mine is doing the EXACT same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non