I've got the Galaxy S7 Active, you have questions —*fire away!

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Sure, no problem at all. So I use Nova Launcher in order to setup the main screen - Nova allows you to set the Google Search bar to 'float' up top, and it also allows you all sorts of configurations for icon size/positioning.

I purchased Beautiful Widgets (Pro version) for the weather/clock you see below the Google Search bar. You can fully customize how that looks, there are literally hundreds of templates within that application for fonts, layout, etc.

Between those two things, you should be all set. I user Light Manager Pro on the app store to control the LED color for certain notifications, for me it's White for email, Green for txt/mms, Purple for Voicemail, Yellow for work email, etc. I'll see how this pans out with the Always on display, perhaps I'll use one over the other, I'm not 100% sure.

Any questions just ask, we are all here to share.

Chris

I am not sure what I clicked but my phone is now in black and white. I thought I'd be brave and get to know my phone.
I've been through the Accessability screen and my gray scale is off. But, everything is still in black and white... I for rhe life of me cannot get it to change back to the colored screen. All the stuff that says grayscale is shut off.. There wway a button that at rhe rime popped up asking if I wanted to go back to the regular screen but it disappeared so fast I didn't get to click it. Please help me get it changed back. Thank you
Mel

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure what I clicked but my phone is now in black and white. I thought I'd be brave and get to know my phone.
I've been through the Accessability screen and my gray scale is off. But, everything is still in black and white... I for rhe life of me cannot get it to change back to the colored screen. All the stuff that says grayscale is shut off.. There wway a button that at rhe rime popped up asking if I wanted to go back to the regular screen but it disappeared so fast I didn't get to click it. Please help me get it changed back. Thank you
Mel
I messed with my wife's S7 active and was not able to make it black and white. Have you found what setting you changed yet and gotten it back to normal?

br0adband

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
While it might not help because I don't know if you have the Developer Options enabled, if you do and you go scroll down the list near the bottom you'll find an entry called "Simulate color space" and it has a few options, one of them is Monochromacy which is black and white/greyscale - I can't say that'll help or that it's enabled but maybe some weird glitch in your Active kicked that into action.

Can't hurt to check on that setting - tap the setting one time, set the option for Turned off and see what happens.

Hope this helps...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mel

Could you possibly have put it in "Ultra-Power Saving Mode" in Settings? That selects Greyscale as one of it's functions to save battery! Just a thought if you haven't found it yet Melinda!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Gotta' love the 4000 mAh battery...

Screenshot_20.jpg

...the screenshot was at 1:53 PM this afternoon and I'm still at 30% right now. I took it off the charger Friday night at 11:15 PM and it's been off ever since. I haven't done a ton of stuff but still, Screen On Time was 2 Hours, 59 Mins., 34 Secs.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana