What screen protector are you using for the S7?

Qlix

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

So I bought 2 of these - 1 for my girlfriends S7 and one for mine. Hers ended up with a halo but she has no touch issues. Mine ended up with no halo at all - but I have touch issues. I took mine off and now have a Skinomi MatteSkin on. It has the same issue with peeling on the edges with a case. I am using an OtterBox Symmetry. I kind of fixed the peeling issue by lifting around the edges of the case and using a thin CC to press down the protector edges, but it isnt perfect. I also seem to have on again off again touch issues with spacebar. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesnt.

darec23

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi, new to this forum.
Have been using tech21 protector. Pros - matt finish, no scratches, it saved my phone when screwdriver hit it. Cons - wet application and edges lift up !
I'm on the second one but still on the hunt for perfect one.
Case - Ringke Slim. V. happy with it !

GerGa

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
So i decided i will give this one more good try and i will post for you guys the results and if i can pictures. I have ordered this 0.2mm thin tempered glass curved for S7

Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector FOR Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 7 | eBay

And i am ordering a new Spigen Slim Armor since i demolished the last one. IF i am faced with lifting which is highly possible i am going to try a ultra thin flathead screwdriver and go beneath the LIP of the case and force it above the glass protector very carefully, i will prior to this place the rubber part of the case in very hot water for 20mins to make it easier to perform this task. In doing so when it cools and hardens i am hoping for the result of it hardening OVER the top of the Glass protector and therefore it not lifting it up.

I know you are all in search of a result so i will update within 1 week as my case and protector wont be here at least until about Thursday / Friday. Wish me luck, i hope i can nail this one haha.

Well how did that curved tempered glass screen protector work out? I'm hoping to find one that works well and works with a case. Some pople reported problems with the ZAGG curved tempered glass screen protector so I am not even considering that at the moment.

Thanks

Tigro90

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Well how did that curved tempered glass screen protector work out? I'm hoping to find one that works well and works with a case. Some pople reported problems with the ZAGG curved tempered glass screen protector so I am not even considering that at the moment.

Thanks

I would like to know it too. I am spending hours trying to decide which one suits my new Samsung s7 without the Spigen tough armor case pushing it away. So far after tens of videos and hundreds of comments it seems that the Spigen Curver Crystal is the best one. BUT question:

by wandering on the spigen website I have come across the tempered glass Galaxy S7 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM HD, which they claim to be case friendly! Why I didn't see anywhere talking about it at all? Anyone knows anything about it?

GerGa

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know it too. I am spending hours trying to decide which one suits my new Samsung s7 without the Spigen tough armor case pushing it away. So far after tens of videos and hundreds of comments it seems that the Spigen Curver Crystal is the best one. BUT question:

by wandering on the spigen website I have come across the tempered glass Galaxy S7 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM HD, which they claim to be case friendly! Why I didn't see anywhere talking about it at all? Anyone knows anything about it?

If you look at the reviews on the spigen website of that tempered glass screen protector, people complain that it doesn't stick around the outside of it. That's the complaint everyone has of many of the glass screen protectors. Spigen says it stops where the screen curve begins but that is false advertising IMO because if you look at your screen it has a slight curve much earlier than where their screen protector stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non