Screen Protector, the definitive consensus thread

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
1. What is just The top number one screen protector for S7e (that stays on, edges, invisible, etc) ??
2. Which products have proven to be failures and to avoid ?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought a skinomi wet install one and it was horrible. I'm not sure whether it was me or the screen protector , but it didn't fare too well.

velcro_king

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Zagg is good unless you use a case then the edges bubble and peel. They market them as case friendly but that's a lie. They need to do some quality assurance checks.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I put on an Armorsuit on mine and with a UAG case its good to go so far.

The case doesn't even come close to touching the screen protector so unless something else touches it I'm good.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I went through the old threads here and summarized below.
Please refine, correct.

Bad: Zagg, Spigen, Otterbox Temp, Tech Armor, Urban Armor
Mixed: Skinomi
No negative reviews: Armor Shield, Best Skins, Healing Shield, IQ Shield, Yootech, ?Samsung brand, Alpha

Last edited:

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried 4 different screen protectors so far.

Elle Ire (tempered glass): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5537474
Didn't cover the edges, so left a weird line that affected the visibility while reading.

Xcords (tempered glass): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5537474
The edges lifted when I had a case on. Without a case, still couldn't type where the Edge started dropping. Returned

ArmorSuit (non-tempered): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5537474
Best one I have had on so far. Was not tempered, and case friendly. I have a Symmetry case. Took it off when I found another tempered to try. I am officially giving up on tempered now.

TANAAB (tempered glass): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5537474
Case friendly, but has the issue of hard to type on the edges and not sealed on the edges, so got a lot of dust under the protector after 3 weeks. Got a refund, and am now swearing off tempered. Will be going back to the Armorsuit.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Originally I didn't like any protectors on my Edge S7 but after trying the Zagg HD Dry I'm liking it a lot!!!
Install went smooth, it doesn't get all fingerprinted like other protectors(actually better then with no protector), I've used multiple cases with no issues interfering with the protector and best of all it adds some tactileness without any sensitivity loss issues..

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Originally I didn't like any protectors on my Edge S7 but after trying the Zagg HD Dry I'm liking it a lot!!!
Install went smooth, it doesn't get all fingerprinted like other protectors(actually better then with no protector), I've used multiple cases with no issues interfering with the protector and best of all it adds some tactileness without any sensitivity loss issues..

Is the Zagg HD Dry tempered ?

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Yootech and it's amazing! I'm in shock that it actually stuck to the edges. It's extremely clear, almost as if nothing is there. It's got a slight orange peel effect but not noticeable with the screen on. Application was quick and easy despite the spray and squeegee method and bubbles disappeared within a day. Highly recommended.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I put on an Armorsuit on mine and with a UAG case its good to go so far.

The case doesn't even come close to touching the screen protector so unless something else touches it I'm good.

Just threw mine in the trash. Thirty minutes wasted trying to keep smudges and debris off the underside.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My Tanaab that I was initially very pleased with ended up with a hair or something slithering up under the edges. Had to pull it off. I think I may just give up for now. No screen protector. The screen will end up scratched I'm sure but I have my V10 and V20s for when I need flawless. No more curved edged phones for me.

Lesson learned.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I have the Tech21 notebook cover for my Edge with no screen protector. I don't usually like notebook style, but this one folds back fine with no issue holding the phone...& it protects the screen. Love my curved screen!...Guess u either love or hate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty