Received my S7 edge: questions coming from a Note 5

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Coming from an AT&T Note 5 and I am hoping those who have received their S7's can help me with the transition. Here are my questions:

1) I know how to change system fonts and grid size to make it identical to the Note 5, but in every single app, the fonts and spacing on the S7 are larger so I can see a much smaller amount of information on the screen. I don't know how to change this. Any thoughts?

2) Every time I press the home button I get a slight vibration. Is there a way to turn this off? I've successfully turned off every single bit of haptic feedback for everything but the home button. Does anyone know how to do this?

The screen is so close in size to the Note, but I'm only seeing about 75% of what I can see on the Note 5 INSIDE EACH APP. For the general screens, everything looks the same as the Note 5. Any help would be appreciated.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 has a different DPI compared to the S7 and S7 edge. That was a change made when they moved from the Note 4 to the Note 5 in order to fit more information into the bigger screen. It took me some getting used to coming from the Note 4 and will likely be getting used to goimg back to the old DPI.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, manufacturers have been putting 550-600+ DPI on their phones with large screens and QGD resolution. Only god knows why... They need to make it 500 maximum.

This is probably one of the best reasons to root your phone.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
You can actually change the DPI setting without root...

How to change the DPI of an Android device without root

I tried this on my non-rooted Nexus 5 and it worked perfectly. You can experiment with what number works best for you. That article also shows how to reset to the original value if you need to.

I'm so going to try this and I really hope it doesn't break any app... Thanks for posting