Coming from Iphone - Galaxy S7 Edge AT&T Snapdragon: Quite warm and Yellowish White

Chrisu24

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
I have the AT&T Snapdragon Galaxy S7 Edge. I come from the Iphone 6S Plus.

One thing I just want to ask the community:
The S7Edge gets quite warm. I am not saying it gets brutally hot (only in Gear VR it does). But even with normal tasks it definitely gets warm very quick. And that is quite annoying to be honest. I come from the Iphone which only gets this warm when I leave it out in the open on a hot summer day. Within 5 minutes of use of the Galaxy S7Edge it immediately gets noticeably warm. Is this normal? Because the Iphone simply stays nicely cold.

Does your S7Edge phone always get warm? Or does it stay cold like the Iphone? Maybe it is a problem with the AT&T version?

Second Point is that the whites on the screen have a yellowish tint. Maybe not noticeable on its own but if I put my Iphone next to it, you clearly see a nice snow white in the iphone and a yellowish tint in the S7Edge (multiple birghtness levels tested). If I take a pic of a white wall in my room it is really noticeable. Is there a way to change the color temperature?

This could be a deal breaker for me.
What are your thoughts?

Thank you

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Both of these points I remember from the S6 edge. The iPhone's whites have always been a little more blue and Samsung leans toward yellow. The warmth is something I could never figure out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chrisu24

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. Good to know this seems to be a general thing and I dont have to worry it is my unit.
Any way to change the warmth?

And in terms of the phone getting hot. Is there a way to disable all the unnecessary apps and stuff that runs in the background? A good app maybe?

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
You might be able to change it in the display settings. I know they have options to change the screen, but I can't remember exactly what the options are.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. Good to know this seems to be a general thing and I dont have to worry it is my unit.
Any way to change the warmth?

And in terms of the phone getting hot. Is there a way to disable all the unnecessary apps and stuff that runs in the background? A good app maybe?

For the Display Settings, by default on Display-Screen Mode settings it comes with Adaptive Display, try changing it to Basic, according to some "Experts" it's supposed to use the most realistic color gamut.

About the Warm or getting hot, if you just received your phone is "normal" to feel it warmer than normal as it's downloading apps, setting everything and even doing some initial stuff on the background, if after some hours or even a day you still feel the same then definitely something is running that it's keeping the processor very busy.

I don't know if this year I'll be doing my usual Battery Life Tips and Tricks that I've been doing for the past couple of years as I'm just tired of the ungrateful ones that just post to complain and critic the suggestions, but look in the Galaxy S6 forum for my thread of April last year, it will basically be almost the same on the new S7/edge. Just read and applies from there what you feel is necessary.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
No usual heat from my S7 edge at all. Runs as cool as my iPhone 6s Plus. Samsung nailed this phone. Only time it got really hot was the first few hours of updating/indexing. S6 edge definitely got consistently hot for me.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
I have the AT&T Snapdragon Galaxy S7 Edge. I come from the Iphone 6S Plus.

One thing I just want to ask the community:
The S7Edge gets quite warm. I am not saying it gets brutally hot (only in Gear VR it does). But even with normal tasks it definitely gets warm very quick. And that is quite annoying to be honest. I come from the Iphone which only gets this warm when I leave it out in the open on a hot summer day. Within 5 minutes of use of the Galaxy S7Edge it immediately gets noticeably warm. Is this normal? Because the Iphone simply stays nicely cold.

Does your S7Edge phone always get warm? Or does it stay cold like the Iphone? Maybe it is a problem with the AT&T version?

Second Point is that the whites on the screen have a yellowish tint. Maybe not noticeable on its own but if I put my Iphone next to it, you clearly see a nice snow white in the iphone and a yellowish tint in the S7Edge (multiple birghtness levels tested). If I take a pic of a white wall in my room it is really noticeable. Is there a way to change the color temperature?

This could be a deal breaker for me.
What are your thoughts?

Thank you

1. The glass back is thinner than the aluminum on the iPhone so the phone will heat up a lot quicker. It's because of the use in materials. But make sure it doesn't get "unusable" amount of warm. That shouldn't be the case at all.

2. Yes. The Super AMOLED screens have this characteristic. They are a little warmer. Especially if you compare them with iPhones. Having said that, I prefer the yellowish tone to the cartoony blueish whites on the iPhone. I'd say give it some time. Stop comparing side by side and you'll forget about it in a few days. The screens on Samsung phones are rated the best for a reason.

3. The camera on the S7 has been said to have this warm yellowish hue characteristic as well. This one I don't know if I like. In the recent android central video they mentioned this issue. So the yellowish hue in the camera along with a warmer screen as compared to iphone you'll get a yellow image.

I won't worry about these three issues though. You're using the phone too much right now. As your usage gets normal the heating issue will get normalised as well. As for the screen, it is the best. And yes it's a little warmer but you'll get used to it, trust me. And as for the camera, it produces a little too warmer whites for my taste. I don't know I can't say anything about it as it is a personal preference. I don't really care about it. The images are still amazing to look at.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
For the Display Settings, by default on Display-Screen Mode settings it comes with Adaptive Display, try changing it to Basic, according to some "Experts" it's supposed to use the most realistic color gamut.

About the Warm or getting hot, if you just received your phone is "normal" to feel it warmer than normal as it's downloading apps, setting everything and even doing some initial stuff on the background, if after some hours or even a day you still feel the same then definitely something is running that it's keeping the processor very busy.

I don't know if this year I'll be doing my usual Battery Life Tips and Tricks that I've been doing for the past couple of years as I'm just tired of the ungrateful ones that just post to complain and critic the suggestions, but look in the Galaxy S6 forum for my thread of April last year, it will basically be almost the same on the new S7/edge. Just read and applies from there what you feel is necessary.

Not sure if you have this feature

It's under display and then color adjust.

Pick your white warm or coolness.

That's one issue fixed.

The glass back probably the reason for holding heat longer.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Attachments

• 82259.jpg
    82259.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 93

Chrisu24

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
ok i am monitoring the heat now. I usually have 32 degrees Celsius pretty quickly. Which is 88 to 90 Fahrenheit.
Is that normal?

What are you guys getting?

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're used to holding your iPhone naked and the S7 naked, you are going to feel more warmth on the S7 Edge. I have both as well, my S7 Edge got pretty warm initially on setup, but has settled down since then. But going between case and no case right now, the S7 will definitely have moments where it gets a little warm, which you don't see in the 6S+. But its not an issue, can't feel it when in a case, and without a case its minimal now. Non-issue to me, hope that helps a bit.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
There was a comparison video that threw up temperature numbers. The S7 Edge was about 10 degree F hotter than the 6S+ so you'll definitely notice it's warmer.

Chrisu24

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
i think it is ok. I just always assume i get that one faulty device. does samsung have a 1 year warranty like apple? What is the best way to insure the device?

coolkenny13

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chris,

The yellow tint is there on my phone and i'm coming from an iphone 5. The whites were more cooler or bluer and this yellow tint on the whites pisses me off. Did you get this fixed? If so how?

Regds,
Kenrick

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Download cpu temp or a temp app. If your phone runs above 95-100 degrees in cool places, return it. My S7E doesnt ever go past 90 degrees while in my house

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45