Deactivating multi/split screen?

JennieBee19

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
For the life of me, I cannot find how to disable multi/split window. Apparently the way I naturally scroll, activates it in Chrome and Facebook every minute or so. It's driving me crazy! I rarely have the need for this feature. Any tips?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You're kidding me! You have to install a 3rd party app to disable the multiscreen! WTF is Samsung doing??? I'm just totally blown away by this!

Samsung = "Stupidity beyond imagination!"

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The last time I saw the option to disable it was on the S5. Note 4 and up users complained about this but Samsung decided to just ignore them.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me, I cannot find how to disable multi/split window. Apparently the way I naturally scroll, activates it in Chrome and Facebook every minute or so. It's driving me crazy! I rarely have the need for this feature. Any tips?

I thought the title of this said "decapitating screen" and I was about ready to promptly cancel my order.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 has this toggle in the pull down. If it disappeared with the S6, then the Note 5 might also be missing it. Unbelievable! I'm just blown away by this. How stupid!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It worked! TY, Lifesaver. . activating it every 20secs was driving me to drink lolol
Ridiculous they don't have it as an option, instead of needing 3rd party app. .

Jennie, I think I might have found a way to disable the split screen deal. I tried it on my phone and it seems to be working but I would love confirmation this works.

Settings - Advanced Features - Pop-up view gesture - Off

Mind testing it out for me?

Thanks in advance!

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Wow this is so strange! I have an S7 Edge (AT&T) and for some reason my multi-window feature is not working. Nothing works (long press the recents nor was there any pop up window ability). I downloaded that Multi-Window toggle app and enabled it and now I have multi-window! Not sure why my phone came like this must be a bug...but I'm happy now I can get multi-window. I will confirm though that disabling the pop-up window setting does not disable multi-window, they appear to be two separate things. However disabling multi-window with the app download does disable pop-up window...very strange bug

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Jennie, I think I might have found a way to disable the split screen deal. I tried it on my phone and it seems to be working but I would love confirmation this works.

Thanks in advance!

Pop up view gesture is a different feature. And disabling it doesn't disable multi window. You can use the multi window toggle app, but you gotta do it every time you boot.
uploadfromtaptalk1457653388599.jpg

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Pop up view gesture is a different feature. And disabling it doesn't disable multi window. You can use the multi window toggle app, but you gotta do it every time you boot.
View attachment 219617

jennie asked how to disable that feature because she was constantly minimizing the app due to how she scrolls. I figured turning this gesture might prevent the problem she was asking about. It was worth a shot.

JennieBee19

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey! Turns out my phone was defective, my recent close button completely died. So it wasn't me, was deemed defective... They swapped out phones tonight. Unfortunately silver out of stock, have black one now. They'll call me when it's back in to swap out.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey! Turns out my phone was defective, my recent close button completely died. So it wasn't me, was deemed defective... They swapped out phones tonight. Unfortunately silver out of stock, have black one now. They'll call me when it's back in to swap out.

Glad to hear they're swapping it for you! Sad that you had to even go through that process though.

Reliable8

May 11, 2016
Visit site
search "pop" in settings and it should come up as pop-up view gesture and you click on it and it will allow you to turn it on or off.

Jet711

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for this, this is exactly what's been bugging me, and just to think I was about to install that app to deactivate something that is different than my issue.

B1Bklyn Born68

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
To all S6 users trying to get rid of split screen. Goto Google Play. Search "eliminate split screen s6". There's one program on Google Play that you can download. It's a toggle switch to turn the split screen on and off. It works for me on my S6.

MRuel451

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

To close multi/split window on my Note 5, I found that dragging the center resize feature, between the windows, all the way up to the edge of the screen maximizes the window, ending multiview.