Question for previous S6 edge owners

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Now that you have made the move to the S7 edge, how do you feel about the decision? Do you feel it was worth upgrading? Do you see a big difference between the two (not talking about the obvious screen size difference)?
I am really happy with my S6 edge, with the exception of battery life. I can't even make it through a full day of work without putting it on the charger, and I only use it on my lunch break. That would be my main reason for upgrading. Thanks for any input!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well the battery life on this is amazing and I am coming from the Note 5. If battery life is that important to you then it is worth it. Once mine settled down after day 2 or 3 it has been great.

Today :

651fa1ad7934c6f4cdd109ed189f3065.jpg

e15c57e3fe982fdca2c9bd4b89c0e0cf.jpg

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I had an S6 edge before this and absolutely despised it because of the poor battery life and a good bit of lag/stutter. Finally got rid of it for a Nexus 5x because I couldn't handle it any longer.

I almost swore off Samsung for good but took a chance on the S7 edge and absolutely love it. Phenomenal battery life and blazing fast processor that keeps up with everything I do.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on the 7 edge has been absolutely superior to the 6 edge. Now OTOH, my wife gets all my hand me downs. Her use is far lighter than mine (no watch, etc, etc etc) and she is getting a solid 24 hours out of the battery on the 6 edge where I could not make it through a 12 hour day.

I also suspect that Marshmallow with doze will result in further improvements on the 6 edge.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I also had the s6 and loved the phone but hated it also cause of the battery life. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. By the time I got ready in the morning while streaming music through Bluetooth, I lost 10-15% everyday and on my s7 edge, I lose only 2%. I also had to fully charge my phone twice throughout the day and this phone lasts me the entire day. I used to only get about 2.5-3 hours of screen on time and yesterday I hit 6 hours and 25% left. That's the main reason why I love this phone and also the added screen size, edge display, and water resistant makes it everything I need in a phone.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i went from a release day S6 edge to a pre-release day S7 edge. i was extremely hesitant primarily due to the size. i am not a big phone person and prefer the 5.1 inch screen.

while i am still on the fence about the size, battery life is so dramatically improved, that i am confident i can get passed the size concern.

i don't do a lot of heavy use, but i easily get a day and a half and often more. for example, i took it off the charger early Saturday morning. typical use all weekend. i put it on the charger Sunday night with 24% remaining. my S6 edge would never have come close to that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo