Anyone use a wallet case?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I am just curious how practical these wallet cases are. Like the majority of people here probably do, I have always used some type of slim case with a screen protector and put the phone in my front pocket without keys in it. But then I see these leather wallet type of cases it seems like a good idea. I have slimmed down on all the junk I used to keep in my wallet too so that is pretty thin. All I really need is a driver's license, a couple of cards, and a few bills. And it seems like it would protect the screen a lot too from the flap folding over it. Is it a hassle though to have to open it up all the time, or when taking pictures? I still wear a watch so it's not like I take it out of my pocket just to see what time it is. I would love to hear from those of you that have used one whether you like them or not.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting one as long as it's easily accessible to remove the phone anytime I want and it fits in my pocket. I like the idea of keeping the phone naked and just using the case for traveling.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I saw the video of the Spigen leather case review and it looks like it snaps easily into a TPU case inside the wallet. I guess the only hassle might be when taking a picture because the case can't be folded back or it would block the lens. But that shouldn't be too big of a deal. I don't think I want to keep mine naked because it is so much harder for me to hold without a case on it but this could be good for everyday use and then maybe a heavier case if I am going somewhere outdoors or something.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been using them on and off for a while, and I prefer them to most cases. Particularly in summer, I hate having to carry a wallet around. With Samsung Pay, one credit card just in case, and my driver's license, I can travel relatively light.

Posted via the Android Central App

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried one for a while with my Note 3. After a while I got rid of it because I like to keep my phone in my front pants pocket and the case made it too bulky. Now on my S7 Edge I use a Spigen "Liquid Crystal" slim case solely to enhance grip because the glass is so slippery.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Since it is hard to protect the front of this phone, I do use a wallet case on days when I am going to be on the run and the phone needs extra protection, like traveling, spending the day at the beach or hiking. Besides that I use a slim rubber case.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I used one for most of my phones that didn't have an extended battery so that would be the Note 5, Note 7, and now the S7Edge. I got the Spigen wallet case for the Note 7. They are great if you knock the phone off the night stand or coffee table accidentally. I feel like the phone is well protected. It's slim enough, convenient for credit cards, license and cash. And you can still use the wireless charger with it. I love the look of some regular cases but for protection with these curved screens, the wallet case is the best for protection of the glass front and back.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So these wallet cases...anyone seeing marks on their screen from cards or money that is stuffed into the sleeves (when the case is closed)? That would be my main concern. But perhaps they are engineered to prevent contact...

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just started using one. I use a belt-case normally, but when I travel, I prefer a wallet. I would be uncomfortable putting credit cards, cash, etc. in the wallet case though. I've used several, and they all seem to have security issues, at least in my opinion. I also wouldn't want to put extra pressure on the face of the phone.

I have a tempered-glass protector on my S7 Edge, so that does push the face out a tiny bit, but I still wouldn't be comfortable adding stuff to the cover.

Also, FWIW, I find that wallet cases get the phone very dirty. My phone stays quite clean with my belt-case, but gets incredibly dirty very quickly with the wallet case.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got one today from Shieldon. My first one and it's AWESOME!!! I'm not storing anything in it but I'm sure if it falls nothing is breaking. Not having any tempered curved glass for S7E is what made me look at wallets. Best thing ever!!
https://youtu.be/CVsec-eSYps

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the Samsung LED wallet style case for the S7 Edge that has the slot inside for a card or cash. I have had cash and my drivers license in it many times. No issues with scratches or marks of any kind on the screen and I do not use a screen protector either.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I just got one today from Shieldon. My first one and it's AWESOME!!! I'm not storing anything in it but I'm sure if it falls nothing is breaking. Not having any tempered curved glass for S7E is what made me look at wallets. Best thing ever!!
https://youtu.be/CVsec-eSYps

I saw this on Amazon - did you get the magnetic closure? Does it feel pretty sturdy? How bulky is the phone in the case (still front-pocket friendly?).

Thanks!

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i am using Strada Series Leather Folio Case not bulking at all i feel very well protected with it the cell is not expose at all its like a otterbox symmetry case with a cover for the screen and leather and because of the curve screen i am using Liquid Armour since the temper glass ones are a joke i have a black one and with the cell being silver it looks sweet

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung LED flip wallet. I used one for my note 4 and had bought one for my note 7 🙁 and I must say the edge flip wallet looks a whole lot cheaper but just as pricey.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I had that one, and the lights are cool, but it broke down really quickly. It's not a cheap case, either. It started cracking at the top where it opens and closes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non