Why won't my Gear S2 Classic connect to my S7 Edge?

JuiceboxSamurai

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded my phone this weekend from a Note 3 to an S7 Edge. I did the factory reset on my Gear S2 so I could link it up to my new phone, but it won't connect. I've done a hard reboot on my watch a couple of times, but it still won't connect. It reads the watch to start the connect, but it gets stuck on the connecting screen and doesn't bring up the terms of service like it's supposed to.

LOD66

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure why but can confirm my s7 edge and gear s2 are working fine with each other. Both korean models fyi

Posted via the Android Central App

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Mine works well also. (S2C + S7E)

If you're not married to anything on your S7 yet, you may want to factory reset both your phone and your watch and start them both clean again.

ladeback1

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am having the issue as well getting my s7 Edge to connect with my old gear 2 watch. I worked with my Note 7, but all know that I can't keep it. Still waiting on special box to send it back. Don't understand why the Note 7 will, but the 7 Edge won't. It pairs, but won't finish the connection. Starting to not like Samsung right about now, but not liking any of the other phones on the market either. Had a LG G4 and the first died within 6 months and didn't like the new one much. I liked the Note 7 and had no problems with it for the short time I had it. Guess I will just pair my watch with a old S3 I have at home. I refuse to buy an iPhone.

Gregg Coleman

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
You should try doing a soft reset. I was having the same issue and the Samsung 'Gear app' didn't recognize the watch, but Bluetooth would.
1.) I went into settings -> Connect to different phone.
2.) Then select the checkbox for 'reset watch to connect to the new phone'. The watch will reboot and then set the configurations for the watch. 3.) Once that is completed, go into your Gear app on the phone and try to repair (DO NOT use the Bluetooth app you would for non Samsung things, such as your car).

You will loose S Health data, but the widget stuff should stay the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo