Note vs S7 Edge Display

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi AC Community,

Does anyone here have both an S7 edge and Note 5? I have both and comparing the display on both, and I could swear that the Note 5's display is noticeably sharper then the S7 edge. Anybody have these two phones and noticed this? Thank you so much!

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think my S7 edge has a better display. Maybe it was just my settings?

Posted via the Android Central App

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
It could be. I have both set to adaptive display. When I turn the display all the way down, the Note 5 still looks brighter. I'm wondering if the difference is simply due to the fact that the edge uses certain materials underneath the glass, while the Note doesn't? Kind of surprised as I thought the S7 edge was supposed to have a brighter display.

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The brightness comes at a compromise. I think Samsung intentionally toned it down else I think the colors would wash on UHD videos. A typical non realistic picture like their LED tvs. Love their phones but I have been in team Panasonic when it comes to tv screens.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It could be. I have both set to adaptive display. When I turn the display all the way down, the Note 5 still looks brighter. I'm wondering if the difference is simply due to the fact that the edge uses certain materials underneath the glass, while the Note doesn't? Kind of surprised as I thought the S7 edge was supposed to have a brighter display.
Compared to the s6 edge the s7 edge screen is much brighter with whiter whites

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I did a very unscientific quick test. Turn the brightness all the way down, and compared the two, and turned the brightness all the way up, and my note 5 is very noticeably brighter. Isn't the edge supposed to be brighter according to displaymates findings?

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
bumping this thread to see if anyone could provide some kind of reason why the Note 5's display, at least on my device, is brighter then the s7 edge. Ty!

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Negative here. I have a Note 5 AT&T and 7E AT&T and I have the exact opposite. In fact, my 5 won't even get as bright as the edge.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm really not noticing any differences between my Note and S7 Edge. I have the same exact them on both phones and they look pretty much the same

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi AC Community,

Does anyone here have both an S7 edge and Note 5? I have both and comparing the display on both, and I could swear that the Note 5's display is noticeably sharper then the S7 edge. Anybody have these two phones and noticed this? Thank you so much!

I just sold my Note 5 and here is my conclusion that I think will solve this issue for you. I believe there were some incredibly fantastic, exceptionally bright and vibrant Note 5's manufactured. They were above and beyond normal Note 5's. My AT&T Note 5 was one of them. Like you, when I compared my S7e, the Note 5 was superior in every way, color depth, and significantly more brightness. The whites were even whiter.

Screen performance is one of my top parameters but in spite of this I sold the Note 5 because I wanted a reduction in size and much better battery life. It was a very difficult decision knowing how good the screen was.

Seeing the report from Display Mate and all the people on this forum posted experiences conflicting with mine, I have come to the conclusion was that we got lucky to have exceptional Note 5's and that the current S7e's are comparable to or better than most of the Note 5's.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have both and cant tell a whole lot of difference. The Note 5 may be a hair brighter but i'm loving the smaller profile and better battery life that I'm experiencing on the S7 Edge. Only thing I'm kind of missing is the S-Pen but there may have been one or two instances a month where I felt I needed to use it and never was it for something important.

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Ty for the quick replies.

NexusGirlX - I've seen you post your Note 5 side by side with the S7 Edge and it definitely looked the same. I can't post pics now of both of my phones but it really seems that my note 5 is brighter.

Orangeman - very interesting theory. You may be onto something here.

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

NexusGirlX - I've seen you post your Note 5 side by side with the S7 Edge and it definitely looked the same. I can't post pics now of both of my phones but it really seems that my note 5 is brighter.

I returned my Galaxy S6e+ because the screen was nowhere near the same as my Note 5 even though all the reviews said they were identical. I made a post about it and nobody agreed with me. I am firmly convinced that some of us got "super Note 5's". Knowing that, I took the step down to a regular screen and now that the Note 5 has been out of my house I am delighted with the S7e, and don't think about the Note 5, but side by side, it was killing me.

S7e is a beautiful display worthy of all the accolades. We were lucky enough to get something even better which was a fluke.

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
S7 edge loses to my old S5. The pixel density is spread over a larger screen, blues are not as tight as on the S5.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Here's the picture I posted last week. I have a different theme on both phones now and I still don't notice any difference.

IMG_0101.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if the icon grid on the S7e is 4x4 ?
Looks like its 4x5 on the Note.

I have it set for 4X5. On the picture above, I had it out of the box maybe 15 minutes just to basically set it up when I took the picture. I didn't have all the apps in place where I have them today.

The Note is 5X5. Today I have it set as 4X5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty