"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"

ShutterSnappy

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Just did my Verizon update on my beautiful S7 Edge which was working perfectly prior. Now i get this message every few seconds and cant do anything.

PLEASE HELP

ShutterSnappy

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I restarted the phone and same results.. Id hate to do a full system reboot and re install everything but may have to. Wondering If anybody else experienced this after the 6.01 update?

Thanks for the reply though.

hoffry21

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my Verizon S7 Edge and am having the same problem.. This is very upsetting and not possible to ignore. I've rebooted, turned off the phone, tried killing apps and processes to no avail. I've had to dismiss the damn pop up message 20 times just to type this! Has anybody found a solution yet? Any suggestions?

hoffry21

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Just tried that. No luck. Force stopped, cleared data and cache for phone apps also. Tried disabling automatic time (apparently that fixed this issue in earlier Android phones with this problem). I even used Package Disabler to mess with Phone and SIM Toolkit apps. No luck.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
PLAN B:

Ensure your contacts are backed up to Google.

Settings > Apps > All (scroll across) > Phone... clear cache and data > reboot your phone.

hoffry21

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Already done. Tried again in desperation. Does nothing. I can't make phone calls or send emails and I need this phone to do my job. This is bull****. The cell signal basically cuts out every 5 seconds and I get the pop-up message.

hoffry21

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I fixed it! Ok I'm not sure exactly what specifically was causing the problem but I enabled all of disabled apps in Package Disabler Pro and it stopped. So something I had disabled really pissed off my phone with the new update. I don't have time to flip apps on and off to isolate the issue right now but I'll post an update this evening when I have a chance. Thanks to ironass for the help!

hoffry21

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Quick update. I re-enabled all of my previously disabled apps in Package Disabler Pro just to see what happened and everything appears to be fine. So some app just needed to be available to the update then was able to be disabled again. For future OTA updates I will be backing up my disabled list in Package Disabler and temporarily re-enabling all packages during the update, then after all is well turning it back on (re-disabling) to get rid of bloatware. Crazy that something Verizon wanted updated was so persistent that it effectively shut down my phone until it could access whatever package it needed.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Crazy that something Verizon wanted updated was so persistent that it effectively shut down my phone until it could access whatever package it needed.

There are those of us that are not in the least bit surprised by that!!!

Glad you've got it sorted now.

Dinesh Dahal

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue in my s7 after update 6.0.1 i have reset my phone more then 163 times. Looking to get help

I restarted the phone and same results.. Id hate to do a full system reboot and re install everything but may have to. Wondering If anybody else experienced this after the 6.01 update?

Thanks for the reply though.