Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issues.

JJTB

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi - I signed up with Optus Mobile on a 24mth plan and received a S7 Edge. All was well until today when I at lunch I went to check facebook and noticed deep purple vertical lines across the screen. So, panicing I switched the phone off for an hour and turned it back on. Lines were gone but every now and then they re-appear like purple/grey barcoded vertical lines.. or in the corners it'll have a greenish tinge to it especially if the page is white.

My mobile carrier stated 'it sounds like you dropped it. Its not within warrenty' although explaining not once have I dropped the phone in the 3 weeks I've had the device and tried to explain that the battery was at 97% this morning but within a 6 hour period I was down to 14% when previously I'd go 2-3 days without charging.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And what do you think caused it? I just DONT understand how a device can just have a problem out of nowhere without a cause.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a defective screen. I would return it if there's no physical damage I don't see how they can claim you dropped it. Sometimes screens go bad.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If your carrier won't do anything, there's a Samsung warranty, too. No product made by humans is going to be 100% perfect. That's why warranties exist. Sometimes things fail. It sucks, but that's life.

And file a complaint with every consumer agency you can find about that carrier. Sounds like whatever money you might be saving isn't worth it.

indezi

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Just got the same issue with my phone: purple lines and blotches elsewhere. If you go to Facebook you see vertical purple ghost lines in the upright position, but when you turn the phone to horizontal the lines roll back.

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Vertical Purple Line. Called Samsung and they had me send it in for a Warranty Repair. They replaced the screen. It took about a week and a half to send it off, be repaired and sent back.

Amanda Hightower

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem right now. I'm going in today to talk to AT&T about it. I was worried all day about it! Would i be bale to get it fixed or get a new one?

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on how long that you've had it. Mine was passed the 2 week exchange window, so I had to call Samsung to get a Warranty Repair

Veroilc

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem here. With a little less than a month of use my s7 edge started to display green and fuscia/pink spots all over the screen that moved from place to place and ocasionally dissapeared. I took the device twice to my carrier here in Mexico and only rebooted and changed software.

I now notice no pink or green spots but the Always On Display Clock that normally was full black and white numbers changed to GREENI-SH.. YELLOWY numbers and now color.black has a dark brown hint.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me today. Purple spots. My always on clock also looked green so I turned it off. Once I did that the screen never came back on. Only green flashes. Sucks. Sent it out to Sammy to get fixed. Hopefully it'll still be waterproof when I get it back.

cjcsabennett

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me over the weekend. I was sitting on my couch applying a new theme from the Samsung theme app that came with the phone when my problems occurred. I thought it was the theme so I uninstalled. Didn't work. Still getting vertical purple and green lines that looked like barcodes. Did a complete reset of the phone and still there.

Brought it back to the Tmo store to get a warranty repair. They inspected for water damage and sure enough, the strip indicated water damage. Which voids the warranty. This phone has never been in water. Never used it outside when it was raining. If I'm out and about and it is raining, I have it in my pocket. Never dropped in a sink full of water. I do wipe it down with a damp paper towel every now and again to clean it but that's it. And no one else uses my phone. I baby the hell out of my phones. From the store, I called Samsung and explained everything, and they said if the strip color was changed (And I did see that it was), no warranty work would be done. My only recourse would be to pay for it to be repaired, or file and insurance claim and pay the $175 deductible. I had to suck it up and file the insurance claim. Bringing up the fact that its advertised as water-resistant got me no where, either.

I am so angry.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Three Bronx cheers for Optus Mobile for that totally false "sounds like you dropped it." Dirtbag, Samsung pays the warranty anyway.

Karm Jit

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Same thing is happening with me, i dont know what to do ? coz i bought it from a simple mobile shop and no receipt even, may be i lost it !!! :((

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me over the weekend. I was sitting on my couch applying a new theme from the Samsung theme app that came with the phone when my problems occurred. I thought it was the theme so I uninstalled. Didn't work. Still getting vertical purple and green lines that looked like barcodes. Did a complete reset of the phone and still there.

Brought it back to the Tmo store to get a warranty repair. They inspected for water damage and sure enough, the strip indicated water damage. Which voids the warranty. This phone has never been in water. Never used it outside when it was raining. If I'm out and about and it is raining, I have it in my pocket. Never dropped in a sink full of water. I do wipe it down with a damp paper towel every now and again to clean it but that's it. And no one else uses my phone. I baby the hell out of my phones. From the store, I called Samsung and explained everything, and they said if the strip color was changed (And I did see that it was), no warranty work would be done. My only recourse would be to pay for it to be repaired, or file and insurance claim and pay the $175 deductible. I had to suck it up and file the insurance claim. Bringing up the fact that its advertised as water-resistant got me no where, either.

I am so angry.
Same happened with another guy in the UK. After talking with the carrier service, he talked straight with Samsung themselves and the service guys were forced to honor the warranty. Maybe you could look into it.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happening on my s7 edge just 2 months old...will claim samsung warranty...

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm