Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issues.

edytaams

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
My story:
Samsung S7 Edge, color gold, bought last month at T-mobile in the Netherlands.

- within approx. 2/3weeks, the "always on" clock disappeared and randomly colored pixels started blinking on and off, after that the screen turned almost green. I turned the"always on" clock feature off and wanted to monitor the situation a bit longer before I visit the T-mobile store, I was already expecting that it was a begin of something more serious...
- after 3 weeks, in the morning, after charging the phone, weird, mostly purple bar codes started appearing. It occurred a couple of mornings in a row, always after charging. After cooling the phone down the problem disappeared. I also noticed that the black color looked weird in some pictures.
- after 4 weeks, in the morning, the phone screen died. I tried all possible button combinations to restart it, but the screen is partly while, partly black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0w_6ElAt8

I have visited a couple of forums and I see it is common problem ...
The only choice I have is to send it for repair, but it takes 2-3 weeks...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My story:
Samsung S7 Edge, color gold, bought last month at T-mobile in the Netherlands.

- within approx. 2/3weeks, the "always on" clock disappeared and randomly colored pixels started blinking on and off, after that the screen turned almost green. I turned the"always on" clock feature off and wanted to monitor the situation a bit longer before I visit the T-mobile store, I was already expecting that it was a begin of something more serious...
- after 3 weeks, in the morning, after charging the phone, weird, mostly purple bar codes started appearing. It occurred a couple of mornings in a row, always after charging. After cooling the phone down the problem disappeared. I also noticed that the black color looked weird in some pictures.
- after 4 weeks, in the morning, the phone screen died. I tried all possible button combinations to restart it, but the screen is partly while, partly black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0w_6ElAt8

I have visited a couple of forums and I see it is common problem ...
The only choice I have is to send it for repair, but it takes 2-3 weeks...
I would try to contact tmobile to see if they can help

edytaams

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Update 1:
The first T-mobile employee said that she can only send my phone for repair and that I won't have a phone for 2-3 weeks. I went to the Samsung authorized repair store and they said the same. I came back to T-mobile and another employee, looked at my screen for 1 second, did not seem surprised at all, confirmed this is a very common problem, and told me that within 48 hours I will receive an e-mail about a brand new phone being delivered to my house. I should have it within a couple of days. Let's see how that goes...

Woolfork55

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Samsung has previous issues with the Amoled screens , having green, pink, purple lines, streaks, dots, or completely turning a solid color; since the former Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 edge. It's a defect in the screens. The new Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 edge have the same problems. If you google, How to fix pink & green tint on screens on Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 edge it will come up. You don't have to damage the phones for this problems to occur. Samsung & cellphone carriers will say you must have dropped or did water damage to the phone. These problems with the Amoled screens have occurred for sometime. Why couldn't it be fixed before the new models Samsung Galaxy S7 & Samsung Galaxy S7 edge were released to consumers. Paying $700.00 to $800.00 dollars per phone and the phone having screen problems less than 3 months after purchase, we have scammed, robbed,. They want me to use the extra warranty that I purchased for a manufacturing defect. Wow. The phone is under Manufacturer warranty for a year. If you send the phone back to Samsung; they are going to say that the phone has water damage. And it's not covered by Manufacturer's warranty. Once again we have been robbed, scammed.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Can someone who is experiencing this try sliding a mirror around the front screen(without actually touching it of course). I know on CRT screens this same scenario would happen if it were not for auto degaussing on TV's. Magnet is essentially degaussing. So... I was wondering maybe a magnetic backing is causing this?

javi9600

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the same problem too. All of the sudden half the screen would have vertical streaks. I had to go back to the retailer and get the phone switched.

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This problem happened to me last Saturday and the AT&T customer service rep immediately knew what I was speaking about. Seems to be a very well known issue with his response.

Attachments

• 476.jpg
    476.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 42

Vinoth vno

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Even me facing the same issue, display with purple patches and shades.. what happen to ur mobile.. is it working perfectly after repair from service centre? what they did in ur mobile as a solution?Could u pls give details pls

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung better hope this don't happen to my 2 S7 edges and they give me the run around. I have 8 start phones and they are all notes or S7 edges, that 8 will go to zero.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Everyone here is talking about an s7 ... Ip68 water proof so what the hell are you talking about?

The Water Resistance rating on this phone does not exclude it from water damage for warranty purposes.

I don't know if you understand how it works, but because something is water resistant doesn't mean it's water proof. This phone will take water damage if left underwater for more than 30 minutes or deeper than several meters.