Samsung S7 Edge won't recognize contacts in Outlook Mobile?

A

AC Question

Samsung S7 Edge won't recognize contacts in Outlook Mobile

I recently purchased an S7 Edge and installed Outlook Mobile. I have several hundred contacts in Outlook but the phone does not seem to recognize these contacts. When dialing the phone or using the SMS messaging app the contact names/numbers to do not appear. Is there a way to get the phone to recognize these? I'd rather not install an app to sync between these 2 but I'm not sure if there is any way to avoid this. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S7 Edge won't recognize contacts in Outlook Mobile

Welcome to Android Central! Are those contacts in your Outlook.com account, or are they in your Outlook program on PC? I'm not exactly sure how things work with the Outlook app, since I don't use it--but in order for the phone to access the contacts, they have to be synced to the phone somehow. If the contacts are in an Outlook.com account, try going to Settings>Accounts​ and add that account, making sure the option to sync Contacts is turned on.

Gorki247

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
You need to set up Exchange to get your contacts to show up, even if you have an Outlook.com account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jongikhaya Layiti

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung S7 Edge won't recognize contacts in Outlook Mobile

I bought samsung s7 edge and transfered contact from samsung s5 via shareit,now there's a message when i try to view contacts "unfortunately,contacts has stopped " what can I do to rectify this?

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Use the samsung pre-installed "email" app to sign into your outlook account. Do not select outlook as your email account. Use "corporate " instead. Add in your outlook email address and password then tap manual set up. Leave everything as is expect make sure that the exchange server is m.hotmail.com. Your contact should import now.

Keep me informed. :)

MrPragmatic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Did it work? My lord android is a mess. I miss my windows OS, but also miss apps.. LOL

I added the account to the gmail app, contacts are not an option to sync.

bb222

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
This answer made the most sense to me:
You need to set up Exchange to get your contacts to show up, even if you have an Outlook.com account.

But when I add Microsoft Exchange Server as an account, I get 'Retrieving account information' and then it gets stuck. If I just click on the email app on S7, I get 'Checking incoming server settings...' and then that gets stuck.

Last edited: