Locking Up

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then over the past week, several times a day, my phone locks up. I'm guessing it's caused by an app that updated... It doesn't matter what I am or aren't doing. I deleted the program I thought was causing it, but that didn't stop it. Is there any way to tell without uninstalling everything?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jim!

Go into Safemode. See if it happens there. Let us know.

You can also, try clearing your Cache Partition in recovery. You won't lose any data or settings.

Chris

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
my phone locks up

Can mean all sorts of things. Are you saying that in the middle of whatever the phone simply stops responding?

Are you using a battery saver app? If so, get rid of it.

Do you have background data turned off? If so, turn it back on.

Using a notification manager such as Light Flow or Light Manager? Get rid of it temporarily.

Location services turned off? Turn it back on.

More than likely, you have a background process which is trying to do something but getting hung up. All sorts of apps try to "call home" and/or get the device's location on a regular basis, some of them don't like it when they can't accomplish the goal.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Can mean all sorts of things. Are you saying that in the middle of whatever the phone simply stops responding?
Do you have background data turned off? If so, turn it back on.

Where is this option? I can't locate it for some reason. I think I'm blind today.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Completely locked up in safe mode. It shows safe mode in the bottom left corner, and the status bar is there but the screen stays black no matter what I do. I'm doing a hard reset. Thanks everyone.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Completely locked up in safe mode. It shows safe mode in the bottom left corner, and the status bar is there but the screen stays black no matter what I do. I'm doing a hard reset. Thanks everyone.

Keep us posted, Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana