Gear VR is setup but no free games found.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble with the 6 free games showing up and if so have you found a solution? I made my oculus account, put my phone in the vr unit, followed the instructions, downloaded all the required files and still have no games showing as free in the store, my library or my purchase history?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There have been several others who have had this happen as well. All I can suggest is contacting Oculus support. My games were there when I opened the app for the first time and it asked me if I wanted to download them. I didn't download any of them because I don't play games.

They sent me an email yesterday saying that I still haven't downloaded them and that by 4/20, the offer would expire. Not sure if that means they no longer show in my purchase history but I'm not too worried.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just set up mine today and no download free game options. tons for sell though.. I called the 888 number and all circuits are busy.. haha.. nice

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get the free games either so I emailed samsung through their site they told me to go to the store where I bought the device but when I went to best buy they said they only gave the free gear vr with no free games included

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone screen repaired. should be the same phone. when I called the 888 number I gave them the imei number and they said it matched. All I know is there is no one to help. they all push it off on other groups. Ill try again tomorrow

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble with the 6 free games showing up and if so have you found a solution? I made my oculus account, put my phone in the vr unit, followed the instructions, downloaded all the required files and still have no games showing as free in the store, my library or my purchase history?

I had the exact same problem, oculus support couldn't help, I actually figured it out myself. You have to go to the oculus app without the phone in the gear vr, and then sign out of your account then sign back in and that's when the games appeared for me to download, go to my library after you've done that and that's where they should be.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem, oculus support couldn't help, I actually figured it out myself. You have to go to the oculus app without the phone in the gear vr, and then sign out of your account then sign back in and that's when the games appeared for me to download, go to my library after you've done that and that's where they should be.
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
ahhhh.. still not working.. even cleared everything out again. only thing in the library is the free stuff i downloaded.

on a side note this thing get crazy hot even for 20-30 min.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
After a week of nothing and multiple times of logging in and out of the app yesterday I logged in and all 6 games were on the page and available for download.