Anyone else unhappy with the audio quality of the Galaxy S7 Edge?

gwdetroit

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had every Samsung Smartphone since the first Galaxy Epic on Sprint. All of them had had great sound quality compared to other smartphones on the market including the iphone.

Yesterday after much anticipation I got a Galaxy S7 Edge and to my surprise it sound quality is awful. I am using nice $300 headphone and the phone sounds worst than an iphone. I have tried the Samsung audio app, PowerAmp, and other third party apps and the music sounds flat and lifeless and distorts.

Is this just my particular device or are other people experiencing the same audio quality.

I "upgraded" from a Note 5 which I consider a fantastic phone.

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
It's just your device IMO. I haven't done a lot of headphone listening, but I did try my s7e with my monster Miles Davis edition headphones. I didn't experience any of the issues you mentioned. It sounds as good as I expected, and probably better than my last three phones going from memory.

Posted via the Android Central App

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
No, it's not just his device. From what I've read, the snapdragon 820 has a bad sound quality DAC chip built into it, unlike the exynos version. My S7 sounds bad unless I use bose or other high quality headphones. It's just the snapdragon's fault.

FlyHigh365

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I use my LG Bluetooth headphones And the audio quality sounds great. I have the snap dragon version. Not sure what people are expecting when it comes to a cell phone and audio quality. Never satisfied I guess.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Think it's the waterproofing method that affects the sound quality. It's still loud enough for me. I rather it be water resistant than super loud.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had every Samsung Smartphone since the first Galaxy Epic on Sprint. All of them had had great sound quality compared to other smartphones on the market including the iphone.

Yesterday after much anticipation I got a Galaxy S7 Edge and to my surprise it sound quality is awful. I am using nice $300 headphone and the phone sounds worst than an iphone. I have tried the Samsung audio app, PowerAmp, and other third party apps and the music sounds flat and lifeless and distorts.

Is this just my particular device or are other people experiencing the same audio quality.

I "upgraded" from a Note 5 which I consider a fantastic phone.

Return it and get an HTC 10!

Well, if you are into sound performance then do what Johnny said, HTC 10 has the best audio you can get right now, hands down. I got one 2 weeks ago to switch between it and my S7 edge and after a little more than a week I went back to my S7 edge for my daily driver because I was missing too many things from my Edge, but the HTC 10 has am impressive build, great hand feeling and the best audio with their Boom Sound.

I have done side by side comparisons between the two and there's not even a fair comparison when talking about audio.

I'm not into that, I certainly appreciate it but for my use is not a deal breaker, keeping both and swapping my Sim card between then every now and then, I feel I have simply the best of both worlds.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The problem I've been having is when I plug my phone into my car. On both Spotify and I heart radio, there's this static in the background. I did not have this with my last phone, and it's driving me crazy.
Anyone else having this problem? And if so, were you able to resolve the issue, and how?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The problem I've been having is when I plug my phone into my car. On both Spotify and I heart radio, there's this static in the background. I did not have this with my last phone, and it's driving me crazy.
Anyone else having this problem? And if so, were you able to resolve the issue, and how?

Try turning on uhq upscaler. It's in the sound quality and effect tab in you settings. Do you only get the noise when charging your phone while playing music? I'm also guessing that your using an AUX cable. The sound shouldn't be there with Bluetooth.

gwdetroit

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a producer but have nice headphones. On the Note 5 sound is full and rich, on the Edge is is flat and lifeless and distorts. On the Note 5 I don't have to play my music loudly to enjoy, on the Edge I had to crack it up to hear anything.