Samsung is offering free Gear VR or 256GB SD card

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got a notification from Samsung Pay about the offer. Look like it's for purchases between 9/8 and 10/9.

I just picked up this edge 4 days ago so I can't claim but posted for anyone on the fence or to sweeten the pot.

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep,

I just picked my s7 Edge up on Friday... Funny thing is I was about to preorder the iPhone the night before, had it in my cart about to enter my credit card. I was looking at the wireless ear pods and saw the word "magical" and I immediately got mad. said I just cant go back to apple. So happy I did not. Best buy is giving a 150 gift card wit the galaxy purchase, this promo wit the VR or the memory card is going on... I went ahead and got the s2 watch with 3g service... Now that is true wireless and "magical" as I can go to the gym or kayaking without my phone and still make calls/text/listen to music. My mind is blown away with Samsung, so much more innovative for the people than apple is. I am so excited and made that I took me so long to jump out of the windows camp. Great thing about Microsoft, is all of my Microsoft services are on android. I have a great setup now that truly works for me and the way I need it to.

This promo sweetened up the pot for sure.. Now just trying to see what promo I want. I am interested in the VR as it is something I do not have personally. I am worried that thing is fun for a moment, but will wear off and be another item here collecting dust. T256GB memory card could be used for sure.. but even with the action cameras I have and shooting all day, the 64GB cards have not run out of space if I transfer them timely. I am not putting the card in my phone as it would be overkill and I do not think I will use it in either of my surface computers... But there will be a day where it could be used. Finally the card has a higher value :) I could buy the VR, or even buy the last gen vr for about $50. Is the new one worth the upgrade?

What do you all think... VR or SD?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep,

I just picked my s7 Edge up on Friday... Funny thing is I was about to preorder the iPhone the night before, had it in my cart about to enter my credit card. I was looking at the wireless ear pods and saw the word "magical" and I immediately got mad. said I just cant go back to apple. So happy I did not. Best buy is giving a 150 gift card wit the galaxy purchase, this promo wit the VR or the memory card is going on... I went ahead and got the s2 watch with 3g service... Now that is true wireless and "magical" as I can go to the gym or kayaking without my phone and still make calls/text/listen to music. My mind is blown away with Samsung, so much more innovative for the people than apple is. I am so excited and made that I took me so long to jump out of the windows camp. Great thing about Microsoft, is all of my Microsoft services are on android. I have a great setup now that truly works for me and the way I need it to.

This promo sweetened up the pot for sure.. Now just trying to see what promo I want. I am interested in the VR as it is something I do not have personally. I am worried that thing is fun for a moment, but will wear off and be another item here collecting dust. T256GB memory card could be used for sure.. but even with the action cameras I have and shooting all day, the 64GB cards have not run out of space if I transfer them timely. I am not putting the card in my phone as it would be overkill and I do not think I will use it in either of my surface computers... But there will be a day where it could be used. Finally the card has a higher value :) I could buy the VR, or even buy the last gen vr for about $50. Is the new one worth the upgrade?

What do you all think... VR or SD?

64GB card is more than enough space for me and sounds like it would be for you. I'd go with the VR.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm hopeful that the way AT&T is handling the Note recall, means that my s7 edge is eligible for this offer... I already submitted for it. Officially I am a new s7 edge owner. Should work. Not sure how long I will be and edge owner, but thats another story. Might even be a back door way to keep some of us happy.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hopeful that the way AT&T is handling the Note recall, means that my s7 edge is eligible for this offer... I already submitted for it. Officially I am a new s7 edge owner. Should work. Not sure how long I will be and edge owner, but thats another story. Might even be a back door way to keep some of us happy.

I just missed the date by 2 days to claim the reward.

Robert Scott4

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the S7 edge as an interim device from 9/9 through 9/22. I submitted my receipt for the VR and was approved. This may be Samsungs way of offering something for those Note owners who turned their device in or for those who wanted a Note, but had to get an S7. Why promo the S7 now...it's an older device.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I went with the VR due to the fact that I haven't even filled my 32 gig SD card yet. The VR sounded way more awesome.

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I selected the 256GB micro sd card. I will use it in my action camera so I don have to worry about dumping video frmy 64GB cards. I purchased a geek squad refurb of the white Gear VR from Best Buy for $40. The thing has been super fun to play with... All the iphone 7 users got stumped by my s7 edge, LOL. It has been so fun at the office. I usually don't care, but they came in like oooh, I love my iphone. Jaime, did you get one? I said nope... I bought the s7 Edge, real innovation :). Headphone jack, wireless charging, waterproof, gear watch 3g... Man, Samsung hit it out of the park... Very happy :)... Except the battery seems to drain fast... but I charge it up fast. My old android phone, zmax2 never had to be charged but once every other day. Same usage, which is minimum.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I picked the SD card as the free gift.
Still waiting for it to ship.

My wife had gotten a free Gear VR with her S7 in the Spring and she recently upgraded to Note 7, so I figured I could use her Gear VR, since the USB port on her new phone doesn't fit the old VR Gear.

I just tried out the Gear VR tonight.
Had a blast watching videos and trying a few games. (I never tried it when my wife got the device, since it was her phone, and she said it gave her a headache.)
The NBC Sports Rio Olympic 360 videos are interesting to watch, as is the Iceland 360 video, and the Star Wars Jakku Speeder 360 video.
Nite Café is a small demo but it's a lot of fun to walk around a painting and discover things.

So many things to do with the Gear VR.
I totally lost track of time.
A very fun gadget.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting on my SD card to be shipped as well. I messaged Prizelogic so hopefully that speeds up the process.