Still having problems not seeing group texts from iPhones

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I posted about this after I got my Samsung in June but it's still not working right. Most of my family and friends have iPhones and when a group text is initiated, especially if there is a photo or video, I only see a few comments. I'm using the stock texting app but tried a few others back in June with no success. Have any of you in a similar situation managed to resolve this? Thanks!

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I was in the same situation as you. Did you have an iPhone prior to getting the galaxy? If so you need to disable imessage , if you don't have your iPhone anymore go here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage and enter your number. Apple will de-register it. Also have your family members check your contact on their phones as your number may be saved under "iPhone". I had to do both before I could start getting group messages.

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey! I was in the same situation as you. Did you have an iPhone prior to getting the galaxy? If so you need to disable imessage , if you don't have your iPhone anymore go here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage and enter your number. Apple will de-register it. Also have your family members check your contact on their phones as your number may be saved under "iPhone". I had to do both before I could start getting group messages.
I unregistered my number back in June using that link. Are you saying that on their contact lists they need to change me from iPhone to mobile or home? I thought those were just descriptions to clarify a person's different numbers. Are you saying if they have me still listed as "iphone", it changes how their messages to me are sent?

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I unregistered my number back in June using that link. Are you saying that on their contact lists they need to change me from iPhone to mobile or home? I thought those were just descriptions to clarify a person's different numbers. Are you saying if they have me still listed as "iphone", it changes how their messages to me are sent?
Yeah, that's how it was for me, they all had me saved as iphone, I saved mine as mobile and voila all messages came through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87