Delayed Notifications

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have at least 2 apps(gmail and alarm.com) that have delayed notifications when my phone has not be awakened in several hours. When I press the power button to wake my phone, the delayed notifications then sound. I have turned battery optimization off for both of these apps and they are set to priority in notifications and the problem has continued. Is there another setting somewhere that I need to change?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue sometimes and it has leads been the same on this phone. I've switched off all power savings yet sometimes I only get what's app and email notifications when I wake up my phone. I have no idea why

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue sometimes and it has leads been the same on this phone. I've switched off all power savings yet sometimes I only get what's app and email notifications when I wake up my phone. I have no idea why
Happens on every Android phone I have ever used. Not sure why.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
But you are supposed to be able to turn this off for select apps which I do for ones that I want to get notifications from. Also it happens when my phone is in my pocket when the phone won't doze anyway

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ah you didnt mention it happenes also if your phone is in your pocket. Thats helpful info you left out.
I wouldnt have responded had i known. LOL

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had Motorola and Samsung phones previously and this is the first one I have had do this. It seems to me it might be tied to doze, but as I mentioned I have changed the appropriate settings so that doze should not affect these apps.

Wouldnt that be doze?
phone has not moved in over 30 minutes, not connected to a charger and screen is off. Doze kicks in and puts phone into deep sleep.

How Android Doze Works, and How to Tweak It to Save Your Battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch