Delayed Push Notifications

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I have tried disabling Adaptive Battery, unrestricting battery optimization, locking my apps, and all kinds of other tips that I read across the internet, but I still will not get notifications from apps like Facebook, Twitter, or Telegram until 10/20/30 minutes later. Discord for whatever reason never has any delays, however.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Which phone do you have? It's always helpful to know, especially for this issue. Some manufacturers tweak the firmware to be very aggressive with killing apps in the background, in a misguided attempt to save battery. Read this: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
Galaxy A23 5G.

Also I have checked out that site before as well.

The locking my apps and disabling Adaptive Battery was my attempt to circumventing the aggro battery management. Could it just be because of spotty internet connection over wifi?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It could be baked into the firmware.

If you're actively using those apps, do the notifications come right away, or are they still delayed?

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
It could be baked into the firmware.

If you're actively using those apps, do the notifications come right away, or are they still delayed?
I have my apps locked in the Recents screen so that they're always running acrive in the background. If I am actually in the app, it doesn't seem to have issues notifying me; for example, Telegram would sometimes suddenly notify me after I entered the app.

Also sometimes I'd see the notifs appear on the lock screen, but then promptly vanish. They would still be there minimized on my notifications shade, however (despite settings being set to alert and not minimize)

Twitter is another app I caught not notifying me of a new notification on the site.

So far, Facebook and Discord have been keeping reliable notifs all the time.

I am going to try using Mobile Data for a bit and see if perhaps Wifi was too spotty for the notifs to coke theough.

Reactions: B. Diddy

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Notifications still tend to be spotty. Discord is the only one that never actually has delays. My other apps like Facebook, Telegram, or Twitter, sometimes don't update until I unlock my screen I've noticed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum, since it's not a general Android 13 issue.

Do you have any 3rd party battery-saving apps, or "phone cleaner/RAM booster" apps installed?

Reactions: NJMike

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
FYI, I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum, since it's not a general Android 13 issue.

Do you have any 3rd party battery-saving apps, or "phone cleaner/RAM booster" apps installed?
No, I don't. I try to avoid using that sort of stuff and remain as au naturale as I can.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
How about is this on WiFi most of the time it happens? Mobile data happens also?
It does not seem to make any difference regardless which one I am using. I elected to keep on both at once just to ensure connectivity was always stable in the event that connectivity was preventing proper notification delivery, but again no difference.

Like I've read around Google and those tips websites, I've played around with practically everything under the sun and literally nothing has made any difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It does not seem to make any difference regardless which one I am using. I elected to keep on both at once just to ensure connectivity was always stable in the event that connectivity was preventing proper notification delivery, but again no difference.

Like I've read around Google and those tips websites, I've played around with practically everything under the sun and literally nothing has made any difference.
Yeah strange, I know over the years on different Samsung device some users experience this without a solution, you up to trying a factory reset ? Those users in past mentioned that doesn't solve it but every case is different.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Yeah strange, I know over the years on different Samsung device some users experience this without a solution, you up to trying a factory reset ? Those users in past mentioned that doesn't solve it but every case is different.
Nah it's really not that serious to undertake something that far. I'll just deal with it. At least my DM notifs come in fine. It's just Telegram group chats, or server chats on Discord, or Twitter notifs that are spotty. But it's not important that I dontget them on time. It's just a nuisance for my OCD.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nah it's really not that serious to undertake something that far. I'll just deal with it. At least my DM notifs come in fine. It's just Telegram group chats, or server chats on Discord, or Twitter notifs that are spotty. But it's not important that I dontget them on time. It's just a nuisance for my OCD.
I understand well if you ever stumble on a fix please let us know.

Reactions: NJMike

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also in device care >battery>more battery>turn off adaptive battery
0db3a981a484fcc2354f5cd00a351030.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member