YouTube ad blocker

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, upgraded from a Note 4. When I had my Note 4 I had somehow figured out how to block ads on YouTube. However, on the S7 Edge I can't seem to recall how I did that. My Note 4 was not rooted and the S7 won't be either, as I have no clue about doing that.

So, am I just confused, or is there actually a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree with the above, that's common sense. All people in 2017 that don't have YouTube red are lying to themselves. $15 per month for a family and includes all the music in the world, downloading videos, no ads, extra content and twice a month YT sends a famous YouTuber to your house to give you a foot massage. It's the best $15 I spend every month.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Another YouTube Red subscriber. Nice perk since I got it for the music service. Also why I don't want to switch to any other. Family plan works out great since for $5 extra a month my wife and kids get the same service ($9.99 single license, $14.99 family up to 6). Stopped using Spotify because they didn't offer the family plan for what Google and Apple do. Apple doesn't include anything for free like Google's service so it was a easy decision.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For more insight into why YTR is the solution, all apps that, on mobile devices, skip ads, block ads, download videos, redirect links, etc. are violations of the YT TOS. Given that an option exists to legally be immune to all ads, that becomes the only tenable solution.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I signed up for Red when they had the four months free promo and decided to continue for a while after. I don't use Google Music although it's included so it's mostly just YouTube for me. Still worth it not to see all those ads.

I never did find an adblocker that could block those YouTube ads anyways on mobile.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for Google Play Music, since I really like it, and I've been happy with YouTube Music and adfree YouTube as well. It was a better value to me than Spotify, since it has more features for the same price.

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
For more insight into why YTR is the solution, all apps that, on mobile devices, skip ads, block ads, download videos, redirect links, etc. are violations of the YT TOS. Given that an option exists to legally be immune to all ads, that becomes the only tenable solution.

See, that's a little more helpful (or at least informational) than "Signup for YouTube Red". While "Signup for YouTube Red" may be the only legal way to get ad free You Tube, that statement doesn't really explain to me why I should get it. If there is no way out there to get ad free You Tube without signing up for yet ANOTHER monthly service, then I'm ok with just dealing with the ads.

As I mentioned, somehow I had found a way to get around the ads on my Note 4, but I can't remember what I did. I was hoping that the experience folks in here could maybe help jog my memory. If there is no way, I'm good with that.

So, yeah, there was quite a bit of sarcasm in my response earlier because I believe the comment was deserving of it. Now that I know (or at least I'm fairly certain) that there is no way to do this, I can go back into my cave and move on with my day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK