Will Nougat allow wi-fi calling integration?

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I need wi-fi calling as reception in my house is horrible. I have the O2 app for wi-fi calling but it is absolute pants.

My LGG5 had wi-fi calling integrated and worked flawlessly (with Three). Is Nougat going to provide this or does it depend on network?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I need wi-fi calling as reception in my house is horrible. I have the O2 app for wi-fi calling but it is absolute pants.

My LGG5 had wi-fi calling integrated and worked flawlessly (with Three). Is Nougat going to provide this or does it depend on network?

The o2 option of TuGo has always had its issues due to it being an App and not truly integrated into the phone.

O2 should follow the other Uk Networks such as Vodafone who like others have Calling Over Wifi truly integrated into the phone.

The Networks control the Calling Over Wifi via their Carrier Updates and not essentially in the Firmware. For example Vodafone send out their own tested version of Nougat so if a person changes Vodafones for an untouched version of Nougat this could remove Calling Over Wifi.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm Payg so Calling Over Wifi and TuGo are not available to me. :(

However as I'm Payg with sim free unlocked phones I can just change SIM cards over if an area is of poor signal.

O2 have invested so heavily in their TuGo App I don't see them dropping it any time soon and just continue to patch it.

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
It's so crap though. Doesn't retrieve logs from the general call log or messages. Touch buttons don't work when you are keying in account numbers when calling automated customer service numbers and I have had three different calls when people cannot hear me. It's crap.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've personally not been able to use it on my phones as I'm payg but I have tinkered with it on friends and colleagues phones and I do agree it's not brilliant or truly integrated into the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa