Verizon Nougat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewtude

Banned
Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I am fairly certain we will get it before the S8 launch. Most likely within the next 2 weeks.

If it makes you feel any better I read a post in the Samsung Community page yesterday that says the unlocked versions, which I have, will get it the second week of March. This is from a forum administrator. Hopefully you all will get it before that. I'm ditching Samsung over this crap. Selling the S7 and using my G5 until I see how the G6 will be and maybe wait for Pixel 2

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, the average Verizon customer isn't following the Nougat release, just us here on forums like this. While I'm waiting on Nougat like the rest of you, my S7 is doing what it's suppose to and I really don't have any complaints.

Mark
I don't know that I want the update, seems like updates take a phone that works great for you and ruins it.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, the average Verizon customer isn't following the Nougat release, just us here on forums like this. While I'm waiting on Nougat like the rest of you, my S7 is doing what it's suppose to and I really don't have any complaints.

Mark

I get that but the security updates and OS updates are important regardless if the masses care or not. Verizon and other carriers should be better at posting them.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
This is crazy how my S6 edge is on Jan 1 security patch, my Note 5 is on Feb 1. Kinda seems like Verizon just said the hell with the s7 edge. I'm on Oct 1 still...

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Lol funny...They probably mean anywhere else but the US
Very funny! You certainly cannot believe anything Verizon CSR"s tell you about Nougat. I have heard some pretty incredible stories. One example, Verizon CSR " you will have to wait until your operating system releases that, we do not have any control over the time of the release of that software." User "Can you elaborate?" Verizon CSR "Meaning Verizon doesn't release the software update, we're not the software we are the carrier. Your software is through Android". All I can say is WOW!

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very funny! You certainly cannot believe anything Verizon CSR"s tell you about Nougat. I have heard some pretty incredible stories. One example, Verizon CSR " you will have to wait until your operating system releases that, we do not have any control over the time of the release of that software." User "Can you elaborate?" Verizon CSR "Meaning Verizon doesn't release the software update, we're not the software we are the carrier. Your software is through Android". All I can say is WOW!
Yeah most reps at all carriers are clueless.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I don't doubt that you're having battery issues. From here, it looks like you have one or more apps or functions running rogue. I don't think that your issue is the OS itself though. Take a look at what's running in Play Services and the Core Apps. Also check your data utilization. Is this just some apps running in the background? Or are they exchanging a lot of data with the internet?

You may be best off clearing all the Play Services data and Play Store data from your phone, then clear the app cache and reboot. You won't lose any apps. The first time that you access the Play Store or any function that requires Play services, you'll likely have to login. Then the data will repopulate.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have tried everything you mentioned and even a reset. I have the exact same set up down to the home screen layout on my Axon 7 and Note 4. I'm starting to think it may just be the battery going bad.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would be surprised to find that the issue is with the battery. Normally, a failing battery will not take or hold a charge to start with.

I'm not sure that the fact that you're running the same setup on other devices has any bearing here. Every device is different, even like devices. My S7E could possibly run the same apps and such that you have with much different results.

Have you tried running in Safe Mode? That gets you running with just core apps and services. That'll at least isolate your problem to core apps or add-ons.

Wait. I saw Verizon Nougat, but it didn't click right away that it's an early beta. I wonder if this could be related to some app conflicts with your beta software?

Last edited:

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Anyone using the beta on Verizon.. Do you have the feature to block text messages while using the stock messaging app ? This is one thing i hate that Verizon takes away! I like the stock messaging app, but i also need to block some numbers hoping with the 7.0 update that this feature is available.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using the beta on Verizon.. Do you have the feature to block text messages while using the stock messaging app ? This is one thing i hate that Verizon takes away! I like the stock messaging app, but i also need to block some numbers hoping with the 7.0 update that this feature is available.

I am curious.. Is it spam you're blocking? I always see people have to block numbers / texts and I never really understand since I don't have that issue :p.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My ex husband who doesnt understand what EX means.
A girl i used to be friends with i found out she is insane she will stalk me and have other people message me pretending to be someone else. So i need to block all these numbers LOL
I know at my age i shouldnt be dealing with this crap and i have no interest in changing my phone number since ive had it since 2006.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I hear you... changing phone numbers is a pain... I have had this one since they started allowing us to port our numbers... LOL

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
It is possible to block numbers. Go to Phone, More, Settings, look down on the page & you will see Block List. Add your numbers to be blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez