Verizon Nougat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the beta on Verizon.. Do you have the feature to block text messages while using the stock messaging app ? This is one thing i hate that Verizon takes away! I like the stock messaging app, but i also need to block some numbers hoping with the 7.0 update that this feature is available.
Yes this feature is available in the stock messaging app. Verizon has not taken it away, unless they took it away after beta 1. Also to note, you cannot block just text messages, it will block calls for the number as well.

Last edited:

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using the beta on Verizon.. Do you have the feature to block text messages while using the stock messaging app ? This is one thing i hate that Verizon takes away! I like the stock messaging app, but i also need to block some numbers hoping with the 7.0 update that this feature is available.

Sorry I use Textra as my messaging app but I have great success with blocking using that.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hoping we hear something soon.
That is one of the problems. It isn't just that we have not received it yet, but Verizon will not tell us one iota about what is going on. If they would give us the status on where they are in testing, an idea, anything at all for that matter. If they would just communicate with us. A little communication can go a long way. They haven't even sent out a security patch in months. Beta users have a security update from October 1st and Marshmallow users from November. We paid a premium price for a premium device and it is like they have just blown us off and have forgotten about all of us S7/Edge users. I am sure they are doing something, but they have really dropped the ball on this one. Other much older devices have at least received current security updates. But yeah I also hope we hear something soon.

Last edited:

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That is one of the problems. It isn't just that we have not received it yet, but Verizon will not tell us one iota about what is going on. If they would give us the status on where they are in testing, an idea, anything at all for that matter. If they would just communicate with us. A little communication can go a long way. They haven't even sent out a security patch in months. Beta users have a security update from October 1st and Marshmallow users from November. We paid a premium price for a premium device and it is like they have just blown us off and have forgotten about all of us S7/Edge users. I am sure they are doing something, but they have really dropped the ball on this one. Other much older devices have at least received current security updates. But yeah I also hope we hear something soon.

I'm on Marshmallow and my security update is still on October.

Paul Stoner 2

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Question is - and I have been wondering this myself - is who is truly to blame? Samsung or Verizon? I know I have talked about this in multiple threads - heck even Tech Tech Times put out an article that Verizon was getting a lot of flack from users because of not releasing the upgrade.

Now, last I knew, the cycle is as follows...Samsung builds it with their stuff...sends it to Verizon who installs their stuff...then comes the question...do they send it back to Samsung to drop it OTA? Or does Verizon push it OTA? Last I knew, Samsung dumps all the completed firmwares for the carriers...

So - once again despite my frustrations with this and trying to be a voice of reason for really frustrated S7/S7 Edge Verizon subscribers It leads me to the following:

1. I don't mind if Samsung / Verizon wants to take extra time to be sure Nougat is right after the Note 7 mess.
  2. Who actually is holding up the process?
  3. Why are they holding up the process?
  4. Why are they not communicating with their customers?

So Where Do The Fingers Get Pointed?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Question is - and I have been wondering this myself - is who is truly to blame? Samsung or Verizon? I know I have talked about this in multiple threads - heck even Tech Tech Times put out an article that Verizon was getting a lot of flack from users because of not releasing the upgrade.

Now, last I knew, the cycle is as follows...Samsung builds it with their stuff...sends it to Verizon who installs their stuff...then comes the question...do they send it back to Samsung to drop it OTA? Or does Verizon push it OTA? Last I knew, Samsung dumps all the completed firmwares for the carriers...

So - once again despite my frustrations with this and trying to be a voice of reason for really frustrated S7/S7 Edge Verizon subscribers It leads me to the following:

1. I don't mind if Samsung / Verizon wants to take extra time to be sure Nougat is right after the Note 7 mess.

Samsung already released it months back. It's VZ developers sleeping behind the wheel.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It could be a mix of both. It is always hard to tell but to be honest... Carriers and updates never mixed perfect. Sometimes they nail it and on other phones they fail. There have been times previously where Verizon came out first .. whereas now they're last.

The main thing is if you want guaranteed / fast updates there are only a few options (like the Pixel). This way you get it without question. Samsung variants that are carrier branded always fall behind and sometimes .. For WAY longer than they "should" fall.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It could be a mix of both. It is always hard to tell but to be honest... Carriers and updates never mixed perfect. Sometimes they nail it and on other phones they fail. There have been times previously where Verizon came out first .. whereas now they're last.

The main thing is if you want guaranteed / fast updates there are only a few options (like the Pixel). This way you get it without question. Samsung variants that are carrier branded always fall behind and sometimes .. For WAY longer than they "should" fall.

I've been using my pixel while I wait for nougat on my S7. The pixel is a great phone but I think I still like the S7 more.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my pixel while I wait for nougat on my S7. The pixel is a great phone but I think I still like the S7 more.
And that's fine. I was simply saying if quick updates is what someone wants there is really only one phone that'll do it due to no carrier modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires