urgent question on blocked phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinxzon

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,
My phone has been blocked from network usage.
I purchased a brand new galaxy s7 phone from a reputable eBay seller (20,000+ reviews) 4 months ago. On Thursday, I went to the ATT store to add text as it was not included on my grandfathered plan (not sure if this is related, they mightve added my imei or something, don;'t know). On Friday, my phone's data got blocked from usage, no calls, no data. ATT unblocked only then to be blocked again within an hr. They stated that it is now on the blacklist and there is nothing to do. It was being sold at BB. Not sure what happened: seller stole the phone vs. seller filed for insurance money for the phone then sold it to me, don't know and it wont help me likely.
My question is, can I root or do something so that I can avoid buying a new one. The purchase is 4 months ago so I cannot get my money back likely.
Thank you so much for your assistance!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Rooting won't allow you to get around being blacklisted. As far as I know, your only choice would be to sell it with a warning that it can only be used outside of the US since it is blacklisted.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You would have to buy a new one. Any talks about changing IMEI numbers is not allowed on the forum since it is illegal.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa