Rooted my Galaxy S7... now it's trash

EasyOver

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi there! So about 2 or 3 months ago I decided, "Why not root my new phone?"(which was a very bad idea :/). So I rooted it and my device was bricked. I just did a wipe to fix it, then I had to to the installation thing again. While doing the installation, I couldn't get any service from the phone. I connected to my wifi, (neighbor's cause I don't have wifi :p) and continued on. I went to the next step and it said, "Hands Free Activation" that failed and it said, "Waiting for retry.... if you are not already working with a representative..." blah blah blah. Anyways once I went through all the "retrys" it took me to self service. When self service was done doing it's thing, it said, "phone activated... your phone number is **********" I clicked the gray button which said "done" and as soon as I clicked that my phone just rebooted. I kept doing that process for awhile when I found a way to bypass the hands free activation and self service thing. I finally got through the installation when I got to the actual Home screen. I downloaded all my stuff I wanted, (Still no data).
I went through this process so many times up to today. I just tried to unroot a few minutes ago using Odin and with the BL file (Idk the exact name) but that did not seem to work. My phone still cannot get data nor call or text anyone. Another problem with the Galaxy S7 is that when I turn off my WiFi settings and back on, I do not automatically connect to a WiFi, but I have to re-enter the password. There are many more minor problems but I just want some help with this...

If anyone could help me with this that would be great! :)

P.S here is some info about my Galaxy S7:

G930PVPU2APD3

REV 0.6

SM-G930P

Thanks a lot!

crabmannyjoe

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this very same issue yesterday. To fix it and reactivate the phone I just used Odin to flash the stock firmware and the Hands Free Activation succeeded after rebooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall