quick charge 3.0

joel margetts

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So what I don't understand is why the new S7 and S7 edge running the exynos CPU doesn't support quick charge 3.0. I understand that they don't have the snapdragon CPU which directly supports the new charging technology but that didn't seem to hinder Samsung from supporting all of last year S6 range with its own version of quick charge 3.0 so I see no reason why this year's S7 range running the exynos chip set can't support some version of quick charge 3.0. Does anybody know if there is a legitimate reason for this or is Samsung holding it back deliberately so it can give it to us next year along with adotable storage, storage above 32gb and the return of the IR blaster like it's some bloody hero.

Posted via the Android Central App

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Several reasons. From what I read, Qualcomm would have to be paid a large fee to use "3.0". That price would have been passed on to us. I'm pretty sure we will see 3.0 on the next flagship. 2 0 is still very fast

Ruikee

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Yea i was just reading about this today, and i asked the same question, but makes sense.....is the 3.0 a software or hardware feature?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So what I don't understand is why the new S7 and S7 edge running the exynos CPU doesn't support quick charge 3.0. I understand that they don't have the snapdragon CPU which directly supports the new charging technology but that didn't seem to hinder Samsung from supporting all of last year S6 range with its own version of quick charge 3.0 so I see no reason why this year's S7 range running the exynos chip set can't support some version of quick charge 3.0. Does anybody know if there is a legitimate reason for this or is Samsung holding it back deliberately so it can give it to us next year along with adotable storage, storage above 32gb and the return of the IR blaster like it's some bloody hero.

In S6 series phones Samsung supported their own version of QC2.0.

QC3.0 is an entirely different aminal where the charge voltage is constantly monitored and optimized (in 200mv increments) to allow a full charge with Max efficiency (and less wasted heat). QC3.0 isn't necessarily designed to reduce charge time, it's more about charging efficiency and longterm battery longevity.

IMO, not supporting QC3.0 is a missed opportunity for Samsung. The S7 battery isn't user swappable and it would be a good selling point to promote their embedded battery has more longevity than the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty