Why can't my Verizon S7 send MMS messages or connect to VZW services?

preachah8

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon S7 cannot send MMS messages or connect to VZW services

My phone is nearly 3 weeks old and ... well, here we go! Problems I'm not too happy about.

Within the last week, I've been unable to send MMS messages, and if they do go through, they take numerous hours or even days to send. On top of that, I am unable to have tech support figure it out because they can't access my phone through their programs to do so. And of course, Verizon policy is 14 No Hassle... as stated above, I think I'm on day 17.

I was told this morning that this is a "widespread issue" related to the latest update. I find that to be funny, considering I've scoured the internet and heard nothing of the sort.

Am I getting jerked around here or what?! Anyone having any issues?!

Response to Almeuit: Yes all settings have been checked and refreshed according to Verizon Tech Support suggestions.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon S7 cannot send MMS messages or connect to VZW services

Have you checked to ensure your APN settings are correct? Most of your issues sound like your APN not being right which would cause issues with data / MMS.

preachah8

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes those have been checked and confirmed correct by VZW online tech support yesterday (and then again today and the actual store). (Sorry about above... the "reply" buttons wouldn't load on my browser.)

OTorresUSMC

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

My phone is nearly 3 weeks old and ... well, here we go! Problems I'm not too happy about.

Within the last week, I've been unable to send MMS messages, and if they do go through, they take numerous hours or even days to send. On top of that, I am unable to have tech support figure it out because they can't access my phone through their programs to do so. And of course, Verizon policy is 14 No Hassle... as stated above, I think I'm on day 17.

I was told this morning that this is a "widespread issue" related to the latest update. I find that to be funny, considering I've scoured the internet and heard nothing of the sort.

Am I getting jerked around here or what?! Anyone having any issues?!

Response to Almeuit: Yes all settings have been checked and refreshed according to Verizon Tech Support suggestions.

I've been having the same issue. Almost did a manufacturer warranty claim but if it is a software bug a new phone won't matter. I'm going to wait it out a little bit and see what happens. My coworker has the same issue and when I was in the Verizon store there was an employee and multiple customers with the same problem. All with S7s

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I think I'm having the same issue. My group chat will basically work fine for a little and as soon as everyone in the chat starts sending a lot of texts at once and I join in, it seems like MMS just gets stuck. My message won't send and I can't receive messages. It will be stuck like this until I flip mobile data on and off like 10 times, restart my phone a few times. The issue is unbearable. I did everything any one could think of to the fix the problem, even swapping out the phone within the first 14 days, and it's still an issue. I called back tech support this morning and they also said that I'm not the only one with the issue and Verizon has just become aware of it and it's a top priority right now. He have me a ticket number and told me I would get a text when it's resolved.

Here is my post from a few days ago explaining my issue. You're the first post I've found that addressed the same issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/666889-help-group-messaging-mms-issues.html

preachah8

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Awesome guys. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. It's literally the first new phone I've purchased in 10+ years (had to hold on to that unlimited data!) and of course, I thought... "Only me..."

Moving forward... yesterday morning, I awoke to a completely black screen. Only bottom left and right arrows lit up. After fiddling around with it for a few minutes, I figured out the hard reset. When it came back on, I was golden. Haven't had a problem with it since. I remembered this happening before to one of my other phones, and it was because the update was pushed out overnight. Whether or not that was the case this time, I can't say for sure. However, I'm back up and running.

I appreciate the feedback! I usually don't have great luck with forums. You guys rock! Hopefully your phones get their butts in gear as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa