S7 / S7 Active

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to set individual application notifications? In other words, is there a way to alter an apps notifications settings such as make an app vibrate or not vibrate upon receiving notifications?
Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'd need to go into each app's settings menu and see if there is a notification option to turn on or off vibration. Apart from that, I'm not sure if there are other 3rd party apps that will allow you to do this. I would guess that rooting the phone and using something like Xposed Framework might give you that ability, but I'd have to do a deeper search for it.

EDIT: You could try Good Vibrations, or one of the similar app.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
So the reason this is an issue for me is because constant notifications that go off with vibrate drain the battery. I use an app for webcam security. The trigger constantly gets tripped resulting in push notifications. I can put on audio which is hard at work or keep on silent. Kind of defeating the purpose of tailoring notifications to your liking. If there was a way to change each apps individual push notifications, I'd be set. The apps such as good vibrations etc only work part time.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Yea that I know, but we do not have the ability to make one app silent when notifications are received (for example) while the other apps vibrate.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure I get it still. You can turn off each app individually. Further, most apps you can control what they do... Whatsapp just lights up my white led, messages just vibrate, calls ring the phone etc...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Just say you want to silence whatsapp. Open whatsapp, find settings, find notifications, find sound, select none, find vibrations, select off etc etc. So now you will get nothing from whatsap even if everything else is vibrating and chirping and beeping.... You also go to notifications in settings and block whatsapp there. I just have whatsap light up my led and no sound, nothing on display... Other apps should function similarly

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. The app I am trying to do this for is a home security app and the motion trigger sets off a lot of notifications. I am trying to configure it so just my LED lights up and nothing more. If I block the app, then It will not allow any notifications at all, correct? Unfortunately, the app itself does not have a settings feature.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez