Free space on internal storage is displayed less than actual in Smart Manager

noisywan

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm using a S7 with Android 6.0.1
From time to time, the Smart Manager gets confused and reports wrong free storage size.
For instance it says %80 used before a reboot, it frees up to %45 after the reboot.
Without a reboot, the app can't realize that the files taking up space have already been deleted. (
I've tried using the DETAIL button to make it re-calculate but did not help)
Anyone experiencing this problem with this device/app.?

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
It occurred again and I tried closing all background apps including Smart Manager but it did not help.

I've noticed same thing...after reboot goes from 79 to 45. I've tried everything like you, but reboot seems the answer which is easy and I try to do every day.

noisywan

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that it happens only if I delete(or move) the files via USB using the Windows 7 File Explorer.
Apparently Android OS doesn't notice the freed up space if the files are deleted via Windows.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It should once you restart the phone. That's just how it works - phones are supposed to be fast and snappy, so they don't process background stuff all the time (which would slow them down).

noisywan

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your input.
Is it still considered a `background stuff` when I launch `File Exporer` -->`Storage Usage` to see the available space on the SD storage?
Shouldn't the OS be processing that `delayed` operation and update the info about free disk space while displaying "Checking...". Even you hit DETAILS button and wait for OS to recalculate the allocated space, it still displays it wrong,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45