How to delete files from Internal Storage[Solved]

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a LG G4 with a Micro SD card for all my photos and backups, so I am a bit surprised to see my Internal storage is 99% full (32GB). I have zero music or videos stored anywhere. I haven't installed a new app in more than a year. I have used Smart Cleaning, deleted all the apps I wasn't using (and some I did, just to see if it helped), cleaned out my Cache, used File Explorer to delete any app data I found, deleted a lot of photos in my Text messages, but the most it helped was 1% :(. I can't seem to find a place that shows how much data some of the folders hold to delete. Any ideas on how to free up some space, outside of a full Reset?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to delete files from Internal Storage

I was not able to see the details of what most of what it found. I said I needed to install something like Solid Explorer, but my phone doesn't seem to allow me to install it, even though there seems to be space and I've downloaded it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you use other messaging or social media platforms like Telegram, kik, etc.? These kinds of apps can build up an enormous cache.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

No. I never installed the Facebook. My texting app (Textra) had a good chunk at 5.41GB, but was afraid to delete anything except the cache.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Javier P - Just synced Textra and Boom, just went from 5% free space to 29%!! Thank you so much :).

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Mustang7757 - Thanks for the suggestion on Disk Usage to sift through the problems :).