Having trouble with pre-installed email app on Samsung Galaxy S7

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I need your help. I'm having trouble with the pre-installed email app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. I understand the pre-installed e-mail app is for gmail accounts but you can add another account if you have one. I have a Yahoo e-mail account and when I try to add my Yahoo e-mail account in the email app I get a message that says:

Unable to setup account

An incorrect username or password has been entered, or POP3/IMAP access is not turned on for this account. Check your account settings or contact your service provider.

I have typed in the correct username and password. Does anyone know how to turn on POP3/IMAP access for a Yahoo e-mail account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It probably has to do with Yahoo's new "feature" that prevents email clients it perceives as "insecure" from connecting to your Yahoo account unless you turn off that feature in your Yahoo account. (As you can see from my "quotes," I feel that this is a fairly silly reactionary modification they came up with after the huge security breach from 2014.:-\) Read more about it here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html. For what it's worth, I turn off that security setting. But in general, considering the dismal security history that Yahoo has had, I'd strongly consider changing your primary email account to something more secure (like Gmail), and using Yahoo for junk mail only.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
It probably has to do with Yahoo's new "feature" that prevents email clients it perceives as "insecure" from connecting to your Yahoo account unless you turn off that feature in your Yahoo account. (As you can see from my "quotes," I feel that this is a fairly silly reactionary modification they came up with after the huge security breach from 2014.:-\) Read more about it here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html. For what it's worth, I turn off that security setting. But in general, considering the dismal security history that Yahoo has had, I'd strongly consider changing your primary email account to something more secure (like Gmail), and using Yahoo for junk mail only.

Thanks!!! I changed my primary e-mail account to gmail. I've had a gmail account forever but my yahoo account was my primary e-mail account. I'll be deleting my yahoo e-mail account permanently soon.