Samsung S20 asking to set up my email again when it was working fine yesterday.

MacKenrick

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
My wife's Samsung S20, which has her email account set up with the default email app. stopped working yesterday. Now when she wants to use it, it is asking her to set up a new account and asking her to input her username, password, and to select the email app. she wants to use (Yahoo, Gmail, etc). Did her original email account on the Samsung default mail app. get corrupted or is this some type of malware?
Thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo and Gmail

From how I read that, it sounds like OP is just describing that screen that gives the user options for which kinds of email accounts to add. But they don't actually say what kind of email account the wife had in the first place.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
From how I read that, it sounds like OP is just describing that screen that gives the user options for which kinds of email accounts to add. But they don't actually say what kind of email account the wife had in the first place.
They setting up those 2 accounts in the Samsung email app

MacKenrick

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
S20 default email app. not working???

I think I posted this in the wrong forum so I’m reposting here. My wife has a Samsung S20 and uses the default mail app for her ATT email account. It has been working correctly for some time now but yesterday, when she tried to send an email, she got an error message saying the email could not be sent and that she needed to sign in with her email address and password. When she tried to do that, the next page wanted her to select an email provider (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) basically wanting her to set up the account all over again. Anyone know why this is happening and if the email app. got corrupted or could this be some malware issue? Thank you for the help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: S20 default email app. not working???

I think I posted this in the wrong forum so I’m reposting here. My wife has a Samsung S20 and uses the default mail app for her ATT email account. It has been working correctly for some time now but yesterday, when she tried to send an email, she got an error message saying the email could not be sent and that she needed to sign in with her email address and password. When she tried to do that, the next page wanted her to select an email provider (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) basically wanting her to set up the account all over again. Anyone know why this is happening and if the email app. got corrupted or could this be some malware issue? Thank you for the help.
Welcome to AC!
She's using her Att email account in Samsung default email app?

She chooses other ?Screenshot_20220826_212424_Email.jpg