S8 or Note 8?

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in a Galaxy S8 or S8+, but I don't know what would be the best buy between that and the Note 8. From previous experience, have any of you owned any of the most recent Galaxy S phones and a Galaxy Note simultaneously and, if so, which would you personally choose?

Cheers.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
In the past the biggest difference besides size has been the S Pen. For the people who use it, they seem to love it. For a lot of other people it's a very "meh" type of feature. So the big question is whether you can use that feature.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here, really like how S8+ looks, but wonder will I knock my head when Note 8 comes with the embedded fingerprints sensor and dual camera

ProllyNotDeen

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
You also have to remember that it's very likely that Samsung will innovate on its Note line, especially after the Note 7 flop. If anything, they need to redeem the name of the Note line.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I am going to have to wait a while for any of them since I am still paying off the Pixel xl and will try and sell it when I have paid off a bit more and since I can't rush out and buy anything, I am going to take a look at the Note 8 when out in comparison with the s8
because I totally loved the Note 7 and I miss the pen and all but it may depend on just how astronomically high the price is.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Typically, people who wanted a large screen phone gravitated towards the Note line. The s-pen was a nice bonus for most. But, I'm sure most people didn't use the s-pen daily. Now that the S series are getting bigger displays, it may cut into the sales of the Note8.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I like the idea of the Note, but practically I don't see it functioning well for everyday use.

I had (2) Note7s and in the time I had them-the original and the replacement- it was the best phone I ever had, and was perfect for everyday use. The pen is a great addition but the iris scanner was wonderful, since I am often taking care of grandkids and have damp or sticky hands. I don't know of course how the Note 8 will fare and I am certainly interested in the s8 but the Note line seems to me to be quite perfect for daily use. But you know, everyone to their own opinion and what works for one may not for another.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Was tempted to upgrade early to the Note 7 before the battery fiasco, but want to replace my "ancient" S6 edge now so will go with the the S8 or S8+

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a Note 5 and right now have the S8. I loved the Note but I generally prefer a phone of reasonable size. I had the Pixel XL until three weeks ago when I gave it to my wife and I got the S8.
I'll wait to see how things are looking once we see the S8 and begin to see some substantive leaks about the Note 8.

The screen size of the S8 series seems huge, but with the small bezels it might be ok.

Last edited:

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting both, I've gotta get off this S5 before I smash it against a wall, I'm burning my upgrade for the s8 and using the 1k Samsung gave me for my n7 to use for the n8

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a Note 5 and right now have the S8. I loved the Note but I generally prefer a phone of reasonable size. I had the Pixel XL until three weeks ago when I gave it to my wife and I got the S8.
I'll wait to see how things are looking once we see the S8 and begin to see some substantive leaks about the Note 8.

The screen size of the S8 series seems huge, but with the small bezels it might be ok.

You have the s8?

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 4, never really saw the benefit of the pen even if it is improved now. I'll probably be goin for the S8 just to keep the size down on my phone as well.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in a Galaxy S8 or S8+, but I don't know what would be the best buy between that and the Note 8. From previous experience, have any of you owned any of the most recent Galaxy S phones and a Galaxy Note simultaneously and, if so, which would you personally choose?

Cheers.

The Note 8 will have all the cool features of the S8/S8+ plus its own unique features + the S Pen. If I could only get one, I'd get the Note 8 over the S8s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer