My S8 got delivered.

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

May I ask what the palm rejection is like ?

I'll be waiting for the Note 8 release but it that falls flat I'll definitely be buying the s8.

I'm actually quite impressed with that. In my hands it has barely ever registered a false tap. However, when I have passed the device to colleagues, in that process, I have noticed things accidentally going off.

Also, just recieved a software update this morning. Lets see if that fixes that:
Galaxy S8 gets its first software update | Tbreak

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually quite impressed with that. In my hands it has barely ever registered a false tap. However, when I have passed the device to colleagues, in that process, I have noticed things accidentally going off.

Also, just recieved a software update this morning. Lets see if that fixes that:
Galaxy S8 gets its first software update | Tbreak

This is only a hotfix to prevent remeapping of the Bixby button.

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you activate ok google with the screen off and locked like the g6 or moto z?

So this is strange- I tried this and it didn't work. But I cannot get this to work even when I'm in the Google Now app. I know for sure that voice was working on day 1 in the Google app but now, unless I manually hit the mic on the search, its not working. I've checked settings and Voice is enabled. The only two things that changed are the software update I got today and Bixby update yesterday.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So this is strange- I tried this and it didn't work. But I cannot get this to work even when I'm in the Google Now app. I know for sure that voice was working on day 1 in the Google app but now, unless I manually hit the mic on the search, its not working. I've checked settings and Voice is enabled. The only two things that changed are the software update I got today and Bixby update yesterday.

Oooh boy, if they really deactivated voice activation for Google Assistant, I'll cancel my pre-order. Can anyone confirm this?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Got my S8 yesterday and am playing with it non stop. Happy to answer any questions.

Congratulations on your new purchase! :) Hope it brings nothing but joy for the next few months / years. Wish i had one of my own. One question i do have for you is, have you left the screen resolution at the stock FHD+ or have you bumped it up to the QHD+ resolution that Samsung advertises? :)

Just for fun, i would drop it down to the HD+ (720p) just to see how the battery life does. Should be fantastic!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
@ajaffarali,
i know its still very early days, but do you have any regrets switching from the iPhone? :)
Would you consider switching back is Apple released a curved display with much smiler bezels?

I see you are being a champ answering all the questions so quickly! Thanks for taking the time to read everyones questions.

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on your new purchase! :) Hope it brings nothing but joy for the next few months / years. Wish i had one of my own. One question i do have for you is, have you left the screen resolution at the stock FHD+ or have you bumped it up to the QHD+ resolution that Samsung advertises? :)

Just for fun, i would drop it down to the HD+ (720p) just to see how the battery life does. Should be fantastic!

I bumped up the res to QHD+ and I think it makes a difference in the clarity of text. Still settling into battery life so will experiment going doing at some time

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
@ajaffarali,
i know its still very early days, but do you have any regrets switching from the iPhone? :)
Would you consider switching back is Apple released a curved display with much smiler bezels?

I see you are being a champ answering all the questions so quickly! Thanks for taking the time to read everyones questions.

I still believe that the overall quality of apps on the iPhone is better. So if Apple can beat Samsnug's design and features then yes, I would consider switching back.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I still believe that the overall quality of apps on the iPhone is better. So if Apple can beat Samsnug's design and features then yes, I would consider switching back.

I made the switch last fall from iOS to android with the note 7, i kept the note 7 until the end of january and then switched back to iOS (my old 5s) while waiting on the S8.

I think i prefer the Android version of most apps i have tried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty