Disable Force Full Screen and Force Touch

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Before I return the S8+, does anyone know how to disable the force touch button while in games?

I know you can use game tools to disable the navigation buttons but it still leaves the force touch active. Problem being, anything that requires touching near there causing you to get kicked to the home screen. Asphalt 8 is a prime example since the button is where the brakes are.

Also, in the full screen setting its preset to full screen certain apps such as Asphalt 8 and by doing so its cutting off the bottom of the game screen. Anyone know how to turn that off for the apps that are greyed out?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
As for force touch, I know you can lower the sensitivity of the Homescreen button, Idk if that would help or not, but doesn't the home screen button hide?

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
As for force touch, I know you can lower the sensitivity of the Homescreen button, Idk if that would help or not, but doesn't the home screen button hide?
I've got mine set all the way down and like it a lot better. It still works great and it's not so touchy for all aspects of using the phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just found it. Thank you. Any ideas about the aspect ratio being forced for some apps? I've tried in the apps settings but nothing. I don't understand why it forced a 3rd party app to go full screen.
I know the Asphalt games they optimized it for the S8, I don't think it was Samsung that did it automatically, but you can deactivate it in settings then Display... Or check the settings for Asphalt

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I know the Asphalt games they optimized it for the S8, I don't think it was Samsung that did it automatically, but you can deactivate it in settings then Display... Or check the settings for Asphalt
Ok, that's one that's greyed out so I guess I'll wait for an update to the game or some other option. Thank you again.