Sprint Galaxy S8 Why is my swipe texting trying to type two different words?

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
So I've been using swipe since my gs6 edge and can't go without it now. Of course I've always had my small issues here and there where it thinks I'm trying to spell something I'm not but for the most part, it's always worked pretty well for me. Now with the gs8 I find myself with a new issue. I make one solid swipe and it ends up trying to type two separate words. Is this a new feature where you can type out entire sentences without even lifting your finger? Of course I know this is highly unlikely so why the hell is it doing this? I've never seen this on the s6 or s7.

Here's a pic:

The first time I swiped the word "want" and it spelled out "wad th". I did it again and it worked but I continued to do it and as you can see, it spells out "wad th" again. This isn't the first time I've noticed this either. It's been doing it with plenty of other words as well.

Here's my settings for my keyboard as well:

Anyone else experiencing this?

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Noticed this as well. I find that the touch is less sensitive just slightly less pressure while swiping and it reads it as lifting your finger. Use slightly more pressure while swiping and make sure you don't lift your finger and it works as it should.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Still having this issue. If I'm the only one then it must be a setting on my phone somewhere. I've been using a 3rd party app for the last few months (Textra) but still the same exact issue.

Pushing harder does not do anything anything. I've tried all different pressure levels and no matter I do, this happens. It's really getting annoying. I love the swipe feature but more often than not, I now find myself just typing the word out like it's 2009 again because I just know that the swipe feature won't pick it up. Which is sad since the swipe feature has worked pretty darn well on the S6 and the S7. I'm certain the technology is not moving backwards.

Also, I've tried turning predictive text off and it doesn't change anything as far as the swipe goes. It only stops showing me my most common words used.

spectrepro

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
Still having this issue. If I'm the only one then it must be a setting on my phone somewhere. I've been using a 3rd party app for the last few months (Textra) but still the same exact issue.

Pushing harder does not do anything anything. I've tried all different pressure levels and no matter I do, this happens. It's really getting annoying. I love the swipe feature but more often than not, I now find myself just typing the word out like it's 2009 again because I just know that the swipe feature won't pick it up. Which is sad since the swipe feature has worked pretty darn well on the S6 and the S7. I'm certain the technology is not moving backwards.

Also, I've tried turning predictive text off and it doesn't change anything as far as the swipe goes. It only stops showing me my most common words used.

Mine does the EXACT SAME THINGS... right down to me even having to type out the words again. Started with the S8+ for me and I was hoping that it was remedied with the S9+. No such luck! In a text just now it refused to spell cheddar and I'll is I'l... cause that's a word. I hate it, it makes me long for a NOKIA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989