Verizon Galaxy S8+ Clicking Screen Problem.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The screen on my Verizon Galaxy S8+ makes this strange clicking sound when wiping off the screen with a microfiber cloth. It's almost like the glass on the front of the phone is trying to stick down when applying pressure. Kind of like a plastic adhesive not quite sticking and popping up.

I still have the factory plastic on my phone and thought it might be that, I don't think so.

Anyone else notice this strange clicking sound when applying pressure to their screen?

Should I exchange this phone before I run out of time?

There is a thread about this problem over here in XDA:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/physical-build-quality-t3596764

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I had it to. But I think mine was from the screen protector. At least it doesn't make that clicking noise since I've gotten rid of the screen protector.

dglock

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The screen on my Verizon Galaxy S8+ makes this strange clicking sound when wiping off the screen with a microfiber cloth. It's almost like the glass on the front of the phone is trying to stick down when applying pressure. Kind of like a plastic adhesive not quite sticking and popping up.

I still have the factory plastic on my phone and thought it might be that, I don't think so.

Anyone else notice this strange clicking sound when applying pressure to their screen?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/physical-build-quality-t3596764

Had same thing had Verizon replace screen protector noise was gone after the screen protector was off and after they put new one on noise came back .my was the screen protector

dglock

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Went into verizon today returned the gadget guard tempered glass screen protector which was 35 and got the zagg invisible shield protector no more noise is gone now!

grane101

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I noticed the same issue on mine. I'm not using a screen protector or a case so it can't be that. Most of the clicking sound is around the centre left area of the screen.

M16shooter

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same noise on my Sprint 8 Plus, and I do not have a screen protector on mine. It's almost like there is a dead space right under the screen itself. I can hear a crackle noise when cleaning the screen, and sometimes when I'm using the virtual keyboard. Thinking about exchanging it, before I end up with a dead screen.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to think it could be a lousy glue job on the screen. Sounds like plastic trying to stick down but peeling right up. I still have the factory plastic on my screen while I wait for a decent protector. My problem might be the cheap factory plastic I'm using for a screen protector. :-\

cadetickle3

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on mine, I'm going to get it replaced tomorrow because it feels cheap honestly. It makes me uncomfortable about dropping it in the future, as in not really a fan of cases or screen protectors. It feels like there is an empty space somewhere on the bottom left ish of the phone.

nighthawkj22

May 7, 2017
Visit site

It happens to me too on my S8+ (verizon as well), I pushed down enough and managed to keep it stuck to whatever it's sticking to and it isn't doing it, but I bet it'll happen again, so I'm getting a replacement from Samsung. (I do not have a screen protector, so it's definitely the actually screen's problem)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It happens to me too on my S8+ (verizon as well), I pushed down enough and managed to keep it stuck to whatever it's sticking to and it isn't doing it, but I bet it'll happen again, so I'm getting a replacement from Samsung. (I do not have a screen protector, so it's definitely the actually screen's problem)

Just called Samsung and they know nothing about this problem and basically told me to F off.

Verizon has the 30 day return or exchange policy with the S8/S8+ and I'm running out of days.

Is it worth exchanging the phone over this problem?

Hate for my screen to "Pop Off" 6 months down the road.

Last edited:

Micheal Double

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Yup, same problem, as others have stated, mine seems to be the left center of screen. Thought it was just me until I was deleting a bunch of pictures and if I pressed in that area other pics check box would get check. :/