Verizon Galaxy S8+ Clicking Screen Problem.

jmigna

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I have the Exynos version and they seem to have the same problem. So apparently it is a global issue where the screen is not properly glued in the left/middle part of the phone. You can hear it clicking and feel it slightly detaching a little bit.

The quality is ridiculous

jmigna

May 12, 2017
Visit site
If you look carefuly you can see that there is a slight gap between the body and the screen, which is narrowing when you 'click' the screen. Such a disappointment

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine makes the same noise. AT&T with no case or screen protectors. Actually, if I try pressing down on the screen I don't hear anything; it's only when wiping the screen that I hear it. I honestly don't think it's defective and it doesn't really bother me. It's probably the result of the manufacturing process used to make the curved screens and different tolerances make it more noticeable on some units than others.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn't be in the touch sound settings would it? I haven't had any clicking noises when cleaning but have had it when I first got the phone and touch sounds were on. I don't have screen protectors on

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine makes the same noise. AT&T with no case or screen protectors. Actually, if I try pressing down on the screen I don't hear anything; it's only when wiping the screen that I hear it. I honestly don't think it's defective and it doesn't really bother me. It's probably the result of the manufacturing process used to make the curved screens and different tolerances make it more noticeable on some units than others.

Yes, you can only hear it when wiping off the screen with a microfiber cloth. It only happens every now and then, not all the time. I only have until the 19th to exchange this phone but don't know if it's worth doing over this problem.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can only hear it when wiping off the screen with a microfiber cloth. It only happens every now and then, not all the time. I only have until the 19th to exchange this phone but don't know if it's worth doing over this problem.
So what did you do?

M16shooter

May 3, 2017
Visit site
UPDATE: I got a brand new replacement S8 Plus from Sprint yesterday. I don't have any more screen noise. I would say it is a definite manufacturing defect. I would encourage anyone who is experiencing the screen clicking sound to get theirs replaced.

human being88

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Same problem on my s8. a little pressure on the screen and it makes a popping sound with and even without the screen protector. I have no idea whether I should exchange the phone or not!

squirple

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I just installed my tempered glass screen protector that came with my Zizo Bolt (S7 Edge) & am having this issue.
I Google it &, a'course, you guys came up.
=)
In the corners & a little on the edges, it crackles like the plasticky glass is trying to stick, but pops right back up again.

I am a klutz, so I'm overprotective of my phone.
I wish there was a Lifeproof for this model! My S5 was Lifeproofified & had a crazy experience of being buried in rubble, broken glass, hunks of cement, it had rained a couple of days, et cetera.
I found it five days later & my phone was in perfect shape, as was the case! Just needed a wee scrub.
With this phone, the Otterbox Symmetry was all Telus had at the time & it didn't feel secure at all.
Then, I got a Ghostek, which is now falling apart. =(
Now, I've got this Zizo Bolt & I hope it & this disconcerting tempered glass work harmoniously.
If not, so many tears. 😟

TOMISON777

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
I HAD SOME problems with the Zizo screen protector after installing it 4 times it still a bit hard insensitive on the Note 8 . I got the ion case black one the xase is great the sceen protector included well unless I got it really crooked it hard to tell how precise it needs to be but the company sending out a new replacement free of charge after I called them . Seems you need to get them on just right the first shot. IT BETTER BUT STILL A BIT INSENSATIVE IN UPPER RIGHT CORNER AND RIGHT HAND SIDE SO MOVING IT OVER HELPED BUT STIILL A BIT INSENSATIVE REQUIREING A HARDER PUSH BUT THE S PEN REALLY WORKS WITH IT BETTER MAYBE NEW FINGERS ARE NEEDED HA HA. WE SEE IF REPLACING IT HELPS . I CHIME IN. INANY CASE THE ZIZO CASES ARE A BARGAN THEY ARE TOUGH AND THE AION MODEL IS LESS BULKY GOOD COMPROMISE IF YOU HAVE A FEW DROPS IT DO OK IF YOUR TOUGH GET THE BOLT PROBLY HAS SAME INCLUDED TEMPER GLASS STYLE SCEEN PROTECTORC .SO CASE GREAT TEMPERED GLASS WELL MAYBE AT FIRST IT HAD TO BE PUT ON VERY STRAIGHT AND EVEN SO USED A THUMBNAIL TO GAGE IT. SEEMS A BIT BETTER BUT STILL NAKED SCREEN WAS FAR BETTER. I CHIME IN WHEN I GET THE REPLACEMENT . MAY TAKE A FEW DAYS AS THE CASE I SHIPPED IT REGULAR SLOW SPEED TOOK A WEEK TO GET TO NEW ORLEANS AREA SENT IT REGULAR POSTAL.. LOVE THE NOTE 8 IT BETTER THEN THE NOTE 5 BUT DARN wish it had customer replaceable batteries I reall prefere that feature over the water or dust proofing ..I wore out my note 5 battery so got a Note 8 as a replacement free as it was insured ha ha can not complain about that .anyone need a good defender case for a Note 5 with BELT clip. Ha Ha very cheep good case but was not spending another 65 .THE Zizo cases are just as good it seems for less and the Defender for the note 8 has no screen protector . HA HA THAT WAS WHY I WENT WITH THE ZIZO CASE AND THEY DROP RATED AS WELL. :) Tom.

Mbode1

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My S8+ click on the bottom left area of the screen when I put the phone to sleep and when it wakes up to normal screen as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23