Holly Cats, Dogs, Cows, and Pigs

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
WOW WOW, I was not planning on leaving my S7 Edge until the note 8. But I happen to switch to AT&T today from VZ (I have direct TV), and the buy one get one deal plus paying up to $650 of what I owe to VZ was just tooooo good to say no to.

I have been using the phone the entire day and can't believe how smooth and fast this phone is. I liked my S7 edge but I remember noticing lag on it from day one. This S8 Plus is so well designed and SMOOTH and FAST I'm so happily surprised. AMAZING. I have had Nexus 6, 5x, 6P and Pixel XL, so I know smooth when a see smooth and this phone IS smooth. Honestly puts my S7 Edge to shame.

I do hate the finger print scanner though.

I am a very very happy camper. Nicley done Samsung.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't agree more! I now understand the Note 7 obsession. Because this phone is addictive and amazing. I have an LG G6 that I'm considering selling because I'm haven't used it much since getting the S8.

Glad you're enjoying it!

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
In total agreement. I came from the S7 Edge and this S8+ dances circles around the S7 Edge. And the battery life is incredible! Again smaller battery compared to the S7 Edge.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I think a few of us were determined to not change phones and await the Note 8.

I had no major issues with my s7 edge apart from its width which made it for me a little uncomfortable to hold and accidental edge touches were happening. Ended up putting it in a case.

After visiting the Samsung Store and using the demo models it immediately became apparent how much more comfortable the s8 is to hold due to its dimensions. Yes it's feels more fluid to me too. Much less accidental edge touches too.

The s8 + was just too big for my wants and needs and some current rumours seem to point to an even bigger Note 8. Time will tell

Enjoy your phone. :)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Day 2 with the S8 Plus. Battery amazing. And I made it through day without rushing to install Nova Prime. Everything so smooth and I like the new Samsung experience so much that I think I'm ditching Nova Prime for the time being!

Simply satisfied with how everything is working and looking fresh out of the box and that never happened to me before with Samsung phones. Awsome!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Day 2 with the S8 Plus. Battery amazing. And I made it through day without rushing to install Nova Prime. Everything so smooth and I like the new Samsung experience so much that I think I'm ditching Nova Prime for the time being!

Simply satisfied with how everything is working and looking fresh out of the box and that never happened to me before with Samsung phones. Awsome!

Same here! I've used nova prime for years and I don't have the want to install it on this phone with all of the themes and icons samsung gives you and the smooth operating system, there is just no real need for me.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So coming from the S7 Edge what did everyone jump, the S8 or S8 Plus? I should make a poll. I jumped to the S8 Plus and still adjusting to the slightly larger footprint. I got tired of the lag on the S7 Edge and batter on the S8 Plus has been awesome.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So coming from the S7 Edge what did everyone jump, the S8 or S8 Plus? I should make a poll. I jumped to the S8 Plus and still adjusting to the slightly larger footprint. I got tired of the lag on the S7 Edge and batter on the S8 Plus has been awesome.
Jumped from S7 Edge to S8 Plus. Don't mind the taller profile one bit. It's really just very tiny taller. I've been waiting for Note 8 counting days, but since I got S8 Plus, I am in no rush anymore and don't believe I will be pre ordering Note 8 right away. I think I'll sit it out until Black Friday and see if any nice deals come up for it. I'm set for now.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I came from a S7E and jumped to the S8+ and it's the best decision I have made. I love the size of this phone, especially when watching videos and playing games. Not to mention that the screen looks amazing! Battery life is great, too!

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 7 Plus, and before that the S7 Edge, and can say that this phone runs circles around the S7 and toe to toe with the 7 Plus is terms of smoothness and battery. All of the extra features it has compared to the iPhone, along with the bigger screen and better form factor (to me) make it the best phone to date. I will probably get the Note 8 when it comes out because of the Pen and advancements I am sure it will make but until then this thing is killing it.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Holly! don't have a SGs8-S8+ but the unwanted features
like FPS on the back-No homeButton-Get use to Bixby,.etc.
is causing concerns. Hope they address these issues soon

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The S8 is a good user experience. I'm expecting everything good from this phone to make it to the Note8, with the addition of new features.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well Lepa, I finally gave in. I made so many excuses as to why I didn't need an S8, however, my S8+ will be here tomorrow😁