Int'l S3 having boot problems

LTHobo

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! Let me begin by saying this is my first post so sorry if it's in the wrong section or etc.

As the title says, my international Samsung Galaxy S3 is having boot problems. I just got it off ebay, brand new and it worked perfectly for a while. I put it down for a bit and when I come back, it doesn't open. I've tried taking out the battery and waiting 15 minutes and still no luck. Every time I attempt to hit the power button, the blue light blinks and my screen lights up but it doesn't go beyond that. Strangely, when I charge it, the battery charging animation is present when I hit the home button. It's also recognized on my laptop. However, when I try to boot the Recovery mode, I get a picture of an Android with a red triangle and exclamation mark on top of it.

Since this is an int'l version, the Samsung retailers are having trouble helping me and I'm still waiting on the seller to respond with the original manufacture location. Until then, does anyone have any further information on this problem/solutions that they can share? Thank you!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
youve posted in the right place man but it may be worth posting in the main s3 forum if you dont have any luck here.. wish i could help man.
how confident are you with android phones? sounds like the phone is definately saveable but may need re-flashed.
it should still be under guarantee unless the previous owner has hacked it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

LTHobo

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha thank you. I'm pretty confident with tech in general, though this is my first Android. Unfortunately, the phone's been unlocked. Is there anything I can do myself to fix this?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha thank you. I'm pretty confident with tech in general, though this is my first Android. Unfortunately, the phone's been unlocked. Is there anything I can do myself to fix this?

i dont know enough about it mate but if you try in the main forum with a more urgent looking title with "help" in it (lol) theres some genius in there that im sure will guide u the right way. good luck man :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer