Bricked GS3, anyone knows a way of accessing the internal memory?

sammouro

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I plugged my S3 into the Charger before i went to sleep, when i woke up the phone was dead, called support and they got me to try pressing multiple buttons over a number of combinations (volume, home and power buttons) but that was fruitless. there's simply no response what so ever from the phone.
Only way to go is to take it to a technician, support suggested
Does anyone know a way to access my internal memory as i would like to erase it, lots of sensitive info on my cell that i wouldn't want a nosy technician getting into.
Or is it impossible for a technician to access my data considering the phone is bricked?

Any help would be great, would love to hear from technicians.

Cheers

sean1993

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt worry, there is no way a technician could ever access your internal memory while the phone is bricked. The problem however is that which ever method the technician uses to bring the phone back to life will wipe the internal memory in the process so you will lose all your data. Unfortunately there is also no way of backing up the internal memory. There is also a chance that the bricking itsself has actually wiped the internal memory as a bricked phone in very simple form has had its operating system erased.

Basically the technician has no way of gaining access to your info but wont be able to save it either and its most likely gone already. Sorry to bring bad news.

Sent from SG3 RootUser

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
share!

ko, does the phone change from a blank screen in any way mate?
have u ever rooted/flashed it (used any pc programme other than Kies)?
good luck brer

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just had a thought.... burn it out like an insurance-job car. sabbotage it if u dont want the techs seein your weaner. not sure of best way to do it... research what the usb pins do... :beer:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays