4.3 upgrade wifi problem

Neil100

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
As soon as I updated to 4.3 my S3 now doesn't connect to any wifi. It shows signal strength as good and has no trouble locating routers. However, after the "obtaining IP address" message it says "checking the quality of your Internet connection" and then "network disabled because Internet connection is slow". This makes no sense as all my other wifi devices connect with no problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As soon as I updated to 4.3 my S3 now doesn't connect to any wifi. It shows signal strength as good and has no trouble locating routers. However, after the "obtaining IP address" message it says "checking the quality of your Internet connection" and then "network disabled because Internet connection is slow". This makes no sense as all my other wifi devices connect with no problem.

Welcome to the forums.
Try clearing cache in recovery. That may help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Neil100

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Followed your instructions - very helpful. So far so good!
Big thanks for taking the time to help - much appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Followed your instructions - very helpful. So far so good!
Big thanks for taking the time to help - much appreciated.

No sweat. With any OS update this can possibly happen. So a good thing to know.
See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Try clearing cache in recovery. That may help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Thank you so much for this... I was actually having problems with this before the 4.3. For some reason my phone would not auto connect to my home router and I always had to manually enter my password. every-single-time!!!! but if I went to the mall or any other place that had wifi?? my phone would go insane trying to connect!!! even when turning wifi off!!! this seems to have done the trick. Did your check list at work and when I got home... yup auto connected with no problems!!!! :) thanks again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for this... I was actually having problems with this before the 4.3. For some reason my phone would not auto connect to my home router and I always had to manually enter my password. every-single-time!!!! but if I went to the mall or any other place that had wifi?? my phone would go insane trying to connect!!! even when turning wifi off!!! this seems to have done the trick. Did your check list at work and when I got home... yup auto connected with no problems!!!! :) thanks again.

I see you are pretty new. Welcome to the forums!
Glad it helped. This is something to do every time you get an OTA update. An OTA is like flashing a ROM, so data conflicts can potentially happen.
Hopefully your device stays operating normally.
See you around the forums!

Neil100

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
This worked perfectly for a week then same problem recurred. I went through same process and again all was fine for about a week. Do you know if there is a way to stop having to do the reset every werk or so in order yo be able to access wifi?
Do regret "upgrading" to 4.3 android, as have other problems of shorter battery life and freezing screens.
More help always appreciated.
Thanks

slotr1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There was a large notice on my Galaxy 3 today telling me the 4.3 update was available for my phone with the options to install, install all, or install later. I do not want to install this software after reading all the problems with it but I am given no option not to install and now the notice pops up every 3 hours as this is the longest interval for install later. How can I get rid of this notice completely? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Vegas MOJO

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem for last month or so with 4.3 and WiFi intermittently disconnecting and then being unable to reconnect. It sticks at either "Obtaining IP address" or "checking internet speed" stages. I have to cycle WiFi off and on numerous times before it may finally complete the connection. Then I will find it has dropped and is again stuck.

I tried the reboot into recovery and cleared the cache and rebooted but nothing changes.

I also am getting a much harder time lately with power plugs charging the phone or the phone, while connected to my PC via cable, disconnecting as a media device and then reconnecting. I have not touched the cable nor the phone but can hear on the PC the connection drop and restart. Not sure if this is related to the 4.3 OTA and WiFi issue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried the reboot into recovery and cleared the cache and rebooted but nothing changes.
Welcome to the forums!

Since you already know how to boot into Recovery mode I'd suggest just performing a Factory Reset. This will probably clear up some of the issues that you've been having since the 4.3 update. Be sure to backup/sync anything important first.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The other thing that you could do for the home internet is choose a single band on which to run your Wi-Fi. Don't play with the channels though you might mess up the other devices connected

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty