1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy s3 Mistakenly factory rest.

Hello folks,

I mistakenly factory reset and lost all my data such as voice recordings, Photos/Videos, Whatsapp/Viber data... i need them badly... what happened let me explain...

Dont know how i factory reset my phone by pressing volume up Home and Power buttons, when it happened i went to my SDcard some of the things were there so it did not worry me anymore. suddenly a window popup-ed and asked for updates i was using Android 4.1 installed by default and many times i had updates so i though its one of that updates i pressed download, when it was done i pressed install and what i see is new version of Android jelly bean 4.3 is installed completely new and i realized i lost a lots of data in phone memory which is Internal Storage, I NEED THOSE DATA BACK ANYHOW PLEASE.

I tried recovering it by free wares but they do not even detect Internal Storage then i went to buy a software named "Tenorshare Android Data Recovery" which does not work at all, i followed the instructions they given and its still the same does not work i tried let it connected 1 complete date not a single file is recovered.

This is all i can say Please help me, Please... Thank you in advance millions of times.

Regards

Global Posts
    13,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Mistakenly factory rest.

It sounds like you went into recovery mode. However, this is the first that I ever heard of an auto update applying in recovery.
    Have you tried plugging the phone into your PC to try to find your files?
    That is the only thing I can think of.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here